“Here works the most friendly manager in all of NYC”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #3,493 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I came here with my son (toddler) who is not always the best patron in a restaurant. But I felt very welcomed with a huge friendly smile by a manager who was working upstairs level. He was joking with my son and making him giggle. Then a we left he made sure he said goodbye to my son. WOW! I don't even think I am that kid friendly. What a nice experience. Thank Mr. Manager, I wish I would have gotten your name. (Sunday sept. 8, afternoon) This guy put the "FRIENDLY" in family friendly establishment.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ok..it's in the theatre district so it's high for Applebees. It's a nice restaurant though so...whatever. Waiter was good and friendly too. Nice.

But what made me un-thrilled was that they automatically add on 17% to the bill. Luckily I caught it at the very last second or else there'd be another 18% added onto that already inflated bill. Doing that always makes me super grumpy (as in never going back...ever...to any in the chain). If you're going to do that put a GIANT SIGN UP pretty much all over the restaurant so everyone knows ahead of time. I'm sure tons of tourists there DONT notice it being added in like I luckily did. It's just a sleazy practice.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went there with my family of 4, they all enjoyed their breakfast and friendly service staff. Not a gourmet place but it´s ok if you are on a vacation rush

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped into Applebee's for a quick lunch before heading to the airport.

We were immediately seated. We told the server we were a little pressed for time. He said no problem we'll take care of you. We ordered drinks, waited, he returned with water and took our lunch order. After about 10 minutes we started to get a little antsy. We asked if we could just get the drinks, and skip the meals or take them to go. He said the meal might arrive before the drinks so he'd see what he could do. After about 10 more minutes we didn't receive drinks or meals. We tried to get our servers attention, but ended up just walking out.

Part of the disappointment with the place was our fault. In retrospect, we should have gone to the airport and gotten lunch, time permitting. However, we were trying to extend our time in Manhattan as much as we could.

Where the restaurant has opportunities is staffing. The staff was chaotically running around without accomplishing much. Additionally, the server should have been more cognizant of our concerns, or said "we don't do quick" or something.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well, in fact I only knew one other Applebee's, so I cannot say much about "other restaurantS", but the quality here was OK. The two of us arrived just at the busiest time but were easily seated by a window overlooking the corner of 50th and Broadway. The food was hearty and tasty (pretzel sticks with cheese; ribs on barbecue sauce; drinks; fried pie for dessert) and service was quick to grab what we wanted. I found the prices higher than they could have been for a chain restaurant, but had no complaints on this nice Applebee's.