“Dined here a couple of times, included tip not great!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #1,606 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Melbourne, Australia
“Dined here a couple of times, included tip not great!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I dined here a couple of times during my stay, solo. The food was good, however I did not like the 18% tip that was automatically put onto the bill. What if the waitress/waiter didn't deserve the full tip? Nevertheless the location was convenient and the food reliable, so I dined here twice.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Europe
“We left when the food arrived”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It was actually my idea to go to Applebee´s at Times Square. It´s the usual experience in the US... friendly staff, comfortable seating etc etc... so we both ordered and were looking forward to the food.

Until it appeared on the table! I mean, come on..... we ordered food, not regurgitated and microwaved plastic crap. The potatoes were all wrinkled, the layers of condiments stuck together like plastic... the chicken tasteless... we both looked at each other and said.... NO WAY!!! We asked for the check and left. They kindly did not charge us anything and I left a tip...

We have a choice where to eat and I for one will not put up with this kind of food. Life is too short....

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow
“Best breakfast we had in NYC”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had avoided here on our trip to our last day as we thought it would be over priced as a well known chain. We were wrong was cheapest breakfast of holiday and best food. Would recommend. You get free tea and coffee with your breakfast. The service was good and portions sizes just nice. I enjoyed the sliders. Good value.

Montreal, Canada
“tip included?”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was after 1130pm and this place was still serving on a weeknight so we thought we'd grab a quick bite after walking around and seeing a bunch of closed restaurants and it was freezing.
Its a big place and the top floor was still open.
Maybe because it was late and the staff was eager to leave but the waiter was at first rushing us to order and when we were ready it took a while for him to come back.
One of us ordered a chicken tortilla soup and the other person chicken breast, something easy and quick. They were out of tortilla soup so we were offered a black bean soup (had not seen this on the menu) instead and it was a small bowl and they charged 5.99 for this. I can understand the chicken tortilla soup as there is chicken but a bowl with a couple of beans and pieces of carrots...
Anyways, we ate quickly as they were cleaning the tables and rushing around even though some other table had just gotten their food.
It took a while to pay as the waiter was gone to other floor luckily I noticed that the tip was included. So even if you dont like the service, they include a tip.We didnt see this at any other place during the stay in Times square.
I will put service as average as I didnt find it poor but if there was another category under average I would choose it. It was almost midnight and I can understand the eagerness for the staff to go home.

• Visited January 2013
Goulds, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last day in NY”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had breakfast here on our final day in New York. Food and service are excellent and the prices are good.

Visited November 2012