Carvi Hotel New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$188
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$409
$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$232
$223
$346
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$351
$178
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$98
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno windowcentral parkpj clarkessmall hotelnew yorkrooftop patiofree wificomfortable bedquiet locationtimes squarestay there againwalking distancelexington avenuesmall fridgeexcellent locationstayed for nightsrestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just south of Central Park and in convenient distance to the UN Headquarters, the Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue, and Times Square, this slim but tall hotel is inconspicuously tucked away in the front of houses off 55th Street. Staff are friendly although check-in took a little while, and the room was only ready mid-afternoon (one is welcome to wait on the roof-top terrace). No food is served in the hotel, neither are there other facilities (gym etc.), but wireless internet is complementary, and a diner across the road offers breakfast discounts to hotel guests. Due to the layout of the building, many rooms would not have windows / natural light (mine didn’t) which plunge guests into a confused state of timelessness. The bathroom was very modern and pleasant, and there was a coffee machine on the room with a selection of coffees and decafs (percolator though, not espresso). Use of the desktop computer and printer in the reception area is free for guests which I much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank veepka
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear veepka,

Hope you had a safe trip home! I'm so glad to hear that your time in NYC was made better by our staff and hotel!

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

It's always a challenge to find a hotel in NYC with: good price + good location + nice and modern rooms.
Well, the last time I went to NYC, Carvi hotel fulfilled these requirements.
Unfortunately I chose a room without window and it was so small I could barely open my baggage on the room... And there is no restaurant at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tainan B
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Tainan B,

So glad to hear that we were able to meet all of your requirements! Next time you come we will have to try and work together in order to get you a bigger room.

See you next time!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Carvi Hotel is a charming hotel very well situated in the heart of New York, the apartments are super comfortable, the bathroom is excelent, and the people who serve super educated.For all those reasons is my favorite place since 2011 when they open.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear JRM160,

Thank you! It's great to hear that we are you favorite spot in New York! Hope to see you many times in the future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I selected this hotel from many in this area based on previous reviews. When I confirmed my reservation in advance, there was a choice of a guest room with no windows for a lower rate or a standard queen for a higher rate. I chose the standard queen at the higher rate and received a confirmation for my reservation. When I checked in yesterday, I was given a guest room with no windows. I went down to the front desk with my confirmation to correct their error. I spoke with Flavia and showed her my confirmation for a standard queen. She insisted that I was confirmed for a room with no windows even though that was not what the confirmation indicted. She offered to upgrade me for an additional charge. I stated that I had already paid a higher rate to have a room with a window. I asked to speak with the Manager on Duty and was told that there was no Manager on Duty. She eventually did call someone and spoke to them in a foreign language. She told me that she had spoken to the owner and that there was nothing that they would do to correct their error. I simply wanted the standard queen that I had confirmed, and I received no customer service.

Kathleen Craig
Leisure Travel Consultant
Rovia Travel

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank 77,002
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear 77002,

First off, I apologize for the poor stay at our Hotel. After taking a look at your reservation, and your review, you are correct in saying that you were confirmed for a Standard Queen Room. Unfortunately, the room you wanted to stay in was an Executive Queen Room. I apologize for the confusion but the confirmation was for a Standard.

As for my front desk staff there is no excuse. Your situation was not handled properly and for that we are very sorry. This predicament will not happen again with the staff here. I hope you have a good rest of 2013.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I had a room with double beds , very nice and clean a big bathroom and as my friend is a smoker we had easy acces to the terrace. The staff was very nice and helped us with everything we needed . We also had a 10% courtesy discount at the breafast diner across the street. The location is very good near the Metro and the shops. I will be back.

Room Tip: Try the room near the terrace .
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear StellaMaria,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us some great comments! The staff is very happy that they were able to make your stay a great one! Hope to see you again.