“Carvi is my favorite place in New York City”

Carvi Hotel New York
Ranked #220 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Niteroi, RJ
“Carvi is my favorite place in New York City”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Carvi Hotel is a charming hotel very well situated in the heart of New York, the apartments are super comfortable, the bathroom is excelent, and the people who serve super educated.For all those reasons is my favorite place since 2011 when they open.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear JRM160,

Thank you! It's great to hear that we are you favorite spot in New York! Hope to see you many times in the future!

Victor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I selected this hotel from many in this area based on previous reviews. When I confirmed my reservation in advance, there was a choice of a guest room with no windows for a lower rate or a standard queen for a higher rate. I chose the standard queen at the higher rate and received a confirmation for my reservation. When I checked in yesterday, I was given a guest room with no windows. I went down to the front desk with my confirmation to correct their error. I spoke with Flavia and showed her my confirmation for a standard queen. She insisted that I was confirmed for a room with no windows even though that was not what the confirmation indicted. She offered to upgrade me for an additional charge. I stated that I had already paid a higher rate to have a room with a window. I asked to speak with the Manager on Duty and was told that there was no Manager on Duty. She eventually did call someone and spoke to them in a foreign language. She told me that she had spoken to the owner and that there was nothing that they would do to correct their error. I simply wanted the standard queen that I had confirmed, and I received no customer service.

Kathleen Craig
Leisure Travel Consultant
Rovia Travel

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank 77002
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear 77002,

First off, I apologize for the poor stay at our Hotel. After taking a look at your reservation, and your review, you are correct in saying that you were confirmed for a Standard Queen Room. Unfortunately, the room you wanted to stay in was an Executive Queen Room. I apologize for the confusion but the confirmation was for a Standard.

As for my front desk staff there is no excuse. Your situation was not handled properly and for that we are very sorry. This predicament will not happen again with the staff here. I hope you have a good rest of 2013.

Sao Paulo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I had a room with double beds , very nice and clean a big bathroom and as my friend is a smoker we had easy acces to the terrace. The staff was very nice and helped us with everything we needed . We also had a 10% courtesy discount at the breafast diner across the street. The location is very good near the Metro and the shops. I will be back.

Room Tip: Try the room near the terrace .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear StellaMaria,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us some great comments! The staff is very happy that they were able to make your stay a great one! Hope to see you again.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our first visit to New York City and a dear friend recommended the Carvi. We really enjoyed our stay. It was really centrally located to everything we wanted to do. The rooftop deck is beautiful and we spent some quality time up there. Of course now we are excited about New York and want to come back again. The Carvi will certainly be our hotel.

Room Tip: This is a very small hotel. We asked for a room off the street so it would be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear scottandrob,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us but even happier that you have found a second home!

See you next time,
Heath, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the Carvi Hotel in New York in December 2013, and loved our experience. The hotel is tucked away on a side street - you'd almost miss it if you weren't really looking for it! The people at the front desk were very kind, and after locating our room, we headed out to explore the city. We loved the location! It was within an easy walk to Grand Central Station where we lucked into finding the Vanderbilt Holiday Fair, and with only three exceptions all week, we walked everywhere. We were within one to two miles of Rockefeller Plaza, Broadway, Times Square, etc. We took the subway to Ground Zero and Soho where we saw the Blue Man Group. The walk to the Natural Museum of History (right across the street from Central Park) seemed like a marathon, but we enjoyed every moment of it. So back to the hotel... the rooms are small and clean, the bed was very comfortable, and we had a private bathroom (also very small), so no complaints! I checked the bedbug registry before booking, and could find no comments or incidences of bedbugs at this property. There are two or three good pizzarias five minutes from the hotel that stay open late (yum!). So yes, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DollyLamaCat
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear DollyLamaCat,

Thank you for remembering us almost a full year later!

I am so glad to hear that we made the end of your 2012 a great one. Next time you're in the neighborhood you have to try a slice at Patsy's on 60th; it's the best!

See you next time,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The best city hotel by far in manhattan! can't wait to visit NY again and experience the hospitality of Carvi. everyone we met at the front desk offered exeptional customer service. The rooms and bathrooms are incredible clean and pretty roomy for ny standards. Nice little details in the decor of the room, high quality bedding and robes added a more special feel to our stay. The rooftop was the surprise of our hotel choice! Amazing views, modern furniture, in the middle of everything yet private and quite. Walking distance to every must-see place in town, didn’t have to ride a cab or drive, boutique and department stores a few blocks down and restaurants nearby. Will definately return to Carvi!!!

Room Tip: 5th floor was pretty good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sailors10
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Sailors10,

From one former Bostonian to a current one, thank you for such a great review!

We're so glad that you found us and that you enjoyed the rooftop. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Carvi proved to be a great stay in New York City. The location coupled with the excellent service and comfortable rooms at great rates will keep me coming back. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get the most out of their stay in New York City.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jpujol89
Dear Jpujol89,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to write us a review! I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations and made your list of preferred hotels in New York. See you next time!