“Great experience”

Carvi Hotel New York
Ranked #242 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Carvi proved to be a great stay in New York City. The location coupled with the excellent service and comfortable rooms at great rates will keep me coming back. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get the most out of their stay in New York City.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jpujol89
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Jpujol89,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to write us a review! I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations and made your list of preferred hotels in New York. See you next time!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Carvi Hotel in New York during a recent business trip. My experience overall was quite good - front desk agent was friendly and did a good job. The room was clean and was more than acceptable. The view was horrible (looking out to a side alley ) but no big deal as i was not really spending my time looking outside. The free wifi was actually quite good - fast and very stable. All in all great stay at a reasonable rate for downtown NYC.

• Stayed: August 2013
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear factop,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a comment! I'm glad to hear that your needs were met and your business trip stay went well. Hopefully next time we can accommodate you with a better view! Feel free to ask one of our Front Desk agents so we can help you out.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The staff was always very professional, helpful and friendly. The room I stayed in, in my opinion made after staying in a few other NYC hotels, was a very nice size! I was quite surprised! The terrace on the roof is a very nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel. I am planning a return trip to the city and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Silkartist,

Thank you so much for the review! We're elated that your stay went great and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our room, albeit small, was superbly clean, well-appointed and well located. I loved the contemporary furnishings and clean lines of the room and bathroom. The staff was welcoming and provided excellent service and recommendations. All the places we wanted to visit were within comfortable walking distance -- Times Square, Central Park and the subway. Just the right combination to make for a enjoyable stay in Manhattan.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Txadmom,

Thank you for the great comments! I will surely pass them along to the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff!

See you next time!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice rooms, bigger than in other hotels in the area.
Quiet street at night.
The hotel is small but nice, new and clean.
Really well located, in walking distance from all the main attractions in Manhattan.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 250jm
Reviewed August 1, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. The staff was amazing and very helpful! They helped us find restaurants and sightseeing tickets. Our room was Very clean and modern. the hotel is in a great location.
We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, and seemed very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Storh
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Storh,

Thank you for the comments and the recommendation! See you next time you are in New York!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel! Great location with easy access to the subway and all the famous mid town stores including Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Barney's. Room was good size for a single and had a mini frig which was handy during my mid summer stay. The bathroom had a great shower and good towels. The lighting in the bathroom was a little poor, which I was aware of by reading other reviews. The roof top deck was phenomenal! Got my coffee and pastry each morning and went up to the deck to enjoy my breakfast and view!
The only negative is that since my room was facing the street, it was a bit noisy. Next time I would get a room at the back of the building. I also prefer access to an ice machine, which they did not have- I had to call for ice. Not a big deal.
Overall, an excellent experience and would definitely stay there again!!! Very happy overall!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Susanjanejewels

Dear Susanjanejewels,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property! We will be sure to accommodate you with a room in the back of the building next time!

See you next time!