“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
liverpool
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Location not bad, street claustrophobic but not unusual for that area. Reasonable location to get a taxi to the ferry port to join the ship. Hotel ordered the cab and all went smoothly. The receptionist was extremely busy and seemed to be the only one on duty. He was there when we arrived mid afternoon on the Friday and then again the following day. Did not get bothered by the continuos phone calls and guests at the desk.

• Stayed February 2014
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to book with us! I see that you were pleased with your stay and also found my front desk staff to be very helpful.

We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We booked this hotel for a three night stay in New York. It's a basic facility - comfortable, clean, but understandably small given the location. Navigating with a stroller (and toddler) was tight, but doable.

The location itself is great. We were surrounded by construction at the time of our visit, but transit and neighbourhood amenities/attractions were still readily accessible. Having arrived from out of town, we had to park at a parking garage several blocks away. That, along with unloading/loading the car, was more than a little inconvenient for someone unfamiliar with New York driving. Such is the Manhattan experience, I suppose.

Rooms were small but cozy. Don't expect a great view or amenities - this is very much a value hotel for a tourist or business traveler looking to stay in Manhattan. If you can get a good price on a room, it's perfectly find in that regard.

Staff were very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the surroundings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here at The Holiday Inn Wall Street! I do hope that you will consider us when you are traveling to "The Big Apple" in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you need any assistance with any future bookings at Leslie.Green@hhmlp.com
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have stayed here before so I was disappointed to find they no longer offer a buffet breakfast as part of my stay. The rooms are decent size for the city, clean and relatively quiet. I used the cable in the room and the internet worked fine. I tried to print my boarding pass in the lobby but both computers were out of service. The staff is very friendly and there is exercise facilities. Works well if you are need to be in the financial district.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to The Holiday Inn Wall Street. I do apologize about the computers and the fact that some of our packages have changed and no longer include breakfast.

I am glad to hear that we are in a good location for when you are visiting the Downtown area. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when booking your next reservation.

I am always reachable via email at Leslie.Green@hhmlp.com

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ok, if you want a less expensive hotel in the Financial District you may be happy with what you get for the price. But as a frequent business traveler this did not meet any of my criteria for a good stay.

Where's do I begin. I have the highest status with IHG but you would not known that by my experience. The hotel is very small with only a half dozen rooms per floor. There is only one set of elevators and they are very slow and very busy. There is no lounge for Platinum members. My room was very small and cramped. There is no bar and there are few bars and restaurants close by. The TV did not work. They came and fixed it and the next morning, again it did not work. I had to resort to unplugging and re-plugging it back in to get it to work.

The restaurant is a disaster. They have recently re-claimed it from an outsource franchise. It is only open for breakfast. They are still in their shakedown period but so far, not so good. The service is awful and the food is below par. I ate there all three mornings and got the same results each day even with different service staff. I am not sure there are any experienced restaurant staff working there, including the cook.

On the plus side the staff, overall, are friendly and try to be helpful. But the only reason I can see to stay here is the location. Three blocks from Wall Street and about the same from ground zero. It is also convenient to Battery Park. The Fulton Street subway station is only a block away. The cost is competitive, but you get what you pay

This may be a good choice for a family looking to cut costs. But for business travel, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the valuable feedback that you have provided about my property. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly should you have any further questions or concern at Leslie.green@hhmlp.com
Modesto, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here on recommendation from a friend who promised it would be clean and less noisy. That was true... We stayed on the 17th floor and there was very little noise. We were close to several subways, but it was quite a distance from common tourist attractions (such as Times Square). Attractions were accessible thanks to public transportation, but it was just a pain and sometimes time consuming. It all depends on what your priorities are in New York... if you want a good night's sleep, this hotel will probably please you. If you want to be close to the city center, keep searching for something closer!
Note: If you plan on getting a later start (in other words, not leaving your room before 9), you will want to make sure your do not disturb card is on the door... housekeeping comes at different times everyday. On our first day, they knocked at 9!

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher floor. I am a super light sleeper but slept pretty well. Very little street no...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback that you have provided on our property. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope that you will consider us the next time you travel to The Big Apple!
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent king size bed, clean rooms & bathrooms, a nice basic hotel. Well located in the lower part of NY. Lots to experience within walking distance & subways are nearby. The important thing it's usually the lowest price you'll find for a brand name hotel in Manhattan! Room rate for 2 is around $180, with taxes & fees it's $205. Recommended.

Room Tip: I guess the rooms are all about the same because tall buildings shield most views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about our property! We hope that you enjoyed your stay and will consider us in the future. We hope to see you soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I arrived fairly late around 10PM, and check-in was super quick. My room was booked by my firm via an OTA, so I had emailed my Platinum status information in ahead of my stay. Although I did not get a response, they did take it into account and informed me that I was upgrade to a king executive room (from a regular room I suppose) on the top floor. I appreciated how automatic the process was, but also wish that my email receipt had been confirmed.

Initial impressions of the room were not great. It was musty smelling, as if the room had not been used or cleaned in a very long time. But I was able to crack the windows and turn on the aircon fan to get air flowing, and a couple hours later, it was mostly fine.

The bathroom was not small, and it was filled to the brim with towels. I honestly had no idea what to do with all the extra towels. I did find the sink remarkably small, and the faucet is off to the side, which was unintuitive. The biggest problem I had was with the terribly slow drain. However, this appeared to be fixed the second night. I could only assume the housekeeping staff noticed and had it fixed. Again, I really appreciated this proactive customer service. Shower pressure and temperature were both great.

I should also mention that the bed was incredibly soft and pillowy, which I love. But something weird did happen on both nights - in the middle of the night, the TV would turn on randomly and wake me up. I was really confused...was this real or was I just dreaming??? Fortunately it only happened once each night (but that's once more than I care for).

Finally, in the spirit of proactivity, I was invited to have free breakfast on my final morning. I'm not sure if all guests were invited, or just a few. Even though I did not take advantage of it, and checked out in the morning to leave for the office, I again appreciated the nice gesture.

This was the cheapest room I could find during an insanely expensive Memorial Day week trip to NY, so it was not a good value. But I have no doubt that there were probably far worse choices that week for a lot more money, so I was pleased with the stay overall.

Considering the convenience of the 4/5 train to my office at Grand Central, I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leslie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and will use this information to improve our property.

We hope to see you soon!