This is a review of the Holiday Inn Nassau Street in the Wall Street area about a block away from the Century 21 store.
We usually stay at the Intercontintal hotels in NYC or in the midtown area at other Holiday Inn properties, but this time decided to stay here as we wanted to be away from the Times Square hordes of tourists.
We booked an Executive King Non smoking room on the IHG website.
On arrival we had to wait for our room about 30 minutes as the property was full to capacity. When we went into the room we found it very tight (I am fully aware that most NYC hotel rooms are on the small side) since we were under the impression that the Executive King room was the top category of room types.
I did receive a call from the front desk and made it known that this room (2001) did not seem like what I had booked. On our next visit I would like the room with a balcony.
But to make a long story short, the staff at this property especially Leslie, one of the managers was able to make our stay an enjoyable one.
The property is very well located close to the subway lines, and lots of restaurants in the vicinity, especially the Vietnamese restaurant, A La Saigon, great pork chops.
One more note, it also seems that the breakfast restaurant that serves breakfast to guests do not like guests who show up with breakfast vouchers as they may have had a bad experience with previous guests. One of the servers made it known to us that what we ordered is over the amount of the voucher and that we will have to pay the difference. That is a given that we will pay the difference and did not have to be reminded.
The breakfast was good and on both days we left the waitresses a $5 tip.
Overall we will go back to this property as I liked the location and the staff makes all the difference besides the room type. So Leslie, thank you we had a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated in 2017, the Holiday Inn New York City-Wall Street is ideally located for business and leisure travelers alike. We are within walking of Wall Street, the Federal Bank Reserve, City Hall and One World Trade Center. Our Financial District hotel offers 113 modern, upgraded guestrooms featuring state-of-the-art amenities including high speed internet access to keep you on top of work and the latest news. After a day of sightseeing or business, stop by our on-site restaurant, The BullPen Bar & Grille for a delicious meal and cocktail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street Hotel New York City
- Reserve Hotel New York City