“An ok experience”

Ranked #338 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“An ok experience”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel, whilst in New York for the U.S. Open tennis at Flushing Meadow.
We had one room, accommodating three adults. I have stayed in NYC many times and realise that hotel rooms in this city tend to be on the small side, but our room at this hotel was tiny! We did ask for an upgrade (my husband is a member of their loyalty programme) but no alternative room was available which would accommodate three adults. The room was so small that we wondered if we would fit into the space once our suitcases got in there! However, as we were staying for three nights only, we 'made do', although the morning shower/bathroom rota was a challenge!
However, one aspect of our stay was not as easily ignored. The diner attached to the hotel was rather grimy. The waitress was efficient and pleasant enough, and the older guy, who appeared to do all of the breakfast preparation, were doing their best in less than pleasant surroundings. The decor in there is dingy and the booth we sat in had several dead flies stuck to the wallpaper! I had a dirty, cracked cup and smudged cutlery. The food was ok, not great, but ok. Not a Holiday Inn experience, though.
Think we'll look for somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. Your comments and feedback are well-appreciated. - Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in holiday inn Wall Street . Location is very central, close to business district as well as 9x11 memorial. Tube stations are close by too.

Rooms are basic but clean and with all the basic amenities. Best thing is an Indian restaurant next to the hotel as I can't live without Indian food for more than 1 day.

Staff is helpful but don't expect much from them, i tried getting early checkin but wasn't entertained.

Overall a good value for money property.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest, thank you for sharing your comments about my hotel. - I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the indian restaurant next to us. They are wonderful.!
Stafford, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Holiday Inn Wall Street is centrally located to several sites I planned to visit and see. It has been several years since I visited NYC. I had a corner room and it was descent enough for one person. While my daughter and her 2 small kids were in a room with 2 beds. It felt too cramped! Overall our stay was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and well stocked with supplies we needed. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating. At night it is hard to see the hotel. The outside sign light was not on. I plan to stay in this place next time I come to NYC.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a little bit larger and quite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. - I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; please come back soon.!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 30, 2013

When you go to NYC, you expect small rooms at hotels that are a bit high. The Holiday Inn is generally once of the cheaper places that is still decent in this area. Considering it is just a block or 2 from my office in NY and within a stone's throw from many subway stations, it makes for a decent choice.

The rooms are quite small. It had a king sized bed but not a lot of room to maneuver around it. The bathroom was also smallish. The bed was pretty comfortable (but I had redeyed in the night before so probably could have slept on a slab on concrete) which was appreciated. I was on one of the higher floors but still looking at another office building on the same block (doesn't appear to have any views here).

There was also free wifi which is key for any business trip.

There are quite a few take out places nearby which was nice for wanting to go to bed early.

I also used the workout room in the morning. The machines were quite dates and a little rickety. I had also forgotten my headphones but unfortunately they didn't have any throw-away ones like most hotels (at least the ones I normally go to). If I were to fix anything here, it would be to modernize this room.

This is a good "no nonsense" place for a decent price (comparatively) in Gotham.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. - glad we met your expectations during your stay...please come back soon.
LAWRENCE
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would like to start and say I do not have a reservation at this hotel; however I did call today to speak to a concierge. I could not wait to get home from work and express my gratitude on behave of the help I received over the phone from "Vitaliy". I have a friend that will be staying with you next week and I called to find out if the concierge could give me recommendations of nearby restaurants. I called and a gentleman picked up the phone, I asked to speak to the concierge, he had told me politely that there is no individual concierge, but the entire front desk holds the title. He proceeded to ask me if I could hold for a minute and he would be able to assist me (my assumption is he may had another call). After a few seconds he picked up the phone and asked me how he could help. I had told him my story of coming to visit my friend at the hotel and the first night we would eat at the federal cafe restaurant, however I wanted to know what was walking distance from the hotel for the other two days. He recommended "Harry's" Italian restaurant, I took him up on that idea, then I asked if there was French/Thai spot. He said there is a few all around however non that did both as one, he also recommended a market "Zytuna" he said he is a bad speller :).
Then I asked him where can I park the car, and he had told me that it is best to come to the hotel first and the desk can give exact directions, since it is kind of confusing with one way streets. I asked if he could give me that address of the parking lot so I can google it, he didn't refuse to give me the address to the parking and restaurants, but he did say that if I google it the direction can be wrong since the actual parking lot does not correspond to the address. He said it is always best to come straight to the hotel, I'll take his word on it and come inside to get the directions. I still google it and his name before we ended the conversation I asked him to give me his name since I thought he was very sweet and extremely helpful. I think I spelled his name correct I only found soccer players with that name :), Thank you again "Vitaliy"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that Vitaliy was able to assist you...he is very proud of his work.! - Thanks again for your review and hope to see you soon.!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 18, 2013

the hotel is located close to Wallstreet on Nassaustreet. It is hardly visible from. Small entrance with a check-in desk. There are not that many rooms.
Everything is small, the elevators, he corridors, the rooms.
Breakfast is in an adjacent restaurant. Only menu, no buffet.
The room is small, bed Ok, bathroom is also small, but has a tub.
Typical hotel for New York.
Price/value is OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I appreciate your comments and patronage. Thanks again
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hotel is located near 2 subway stations, about 15 minutes ride to Time Square. Many cafes, restaurants, fast food around hotel, actually a dunkin donuts attached to hotel (good for breakfast). Hotel is in financial district , 10 minute walk to Wall Street, 15 minutes walk to ferry's to Statue of Liberty, 5 minute walk to 9/11 memorial.
This hotel is very small, 20 floors but hallways and rooms are very small. Our room had 2 double beds but we really couldn't move ( 2 adults,1teenager). Our view was a back alley/ back door of a Vietnamese restaurant. Bathroom is also very small and no tub.
It is not a fancy hotel in any way, but it is convenient and the front desk personnel were very efficient and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I am glad that know that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again.!