“New York Weekend”

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Ranked #354 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pretty good hotel for a 4 night stay. Hotel is located in the Financial area which is great if you are there for business and okay if you want to sight see as you are only a block away from the subway station.
There are a number of restaurants in the area that cater to the daytime crowd but it is hard to find one that stays open through the evening hours but once again just hop on the subway or grab a cab to head Uptown.
The hotel has a great staff that are eager to help you out with any questions.
The room is small (as NY hotels rooms tend to be) but with modern decor and kept clean and with a comfortable bed.
All in all this Holiday Inn is worth considering if it is priced right.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear guest, I thank you for your kind review and patronage. - Please come back soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in NYC on May 3 for the annual "Great Saunter" a 32 mile walk along Manhattan shoreline with Shorewalkers.org. This hotel was a great location as it was near the finish!

There are a number of subway stops near by making it easy to get around.

The room was a decent size for NYC and very clean. Bathroom small but fine and had a tub. The bed was really comfortable. The staff friendly and check in/out smooth.

Free wifi worked well and there are 2 computers with printers in the lobby.

There is a restaurant on site and a small market, coffee places, and wine shop around the corner.

Would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, many thanks for your review! - I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us...come back soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for three nights in April. Overall, it was a very good stay.

The hotel is located in a decent neighborhood with a bunch to do. It is literally across the street from the Federal Reserve Bank. The hotel has a very small footprint. It is tall and narrow. Thus, there is little to no lobby with just a couple of seats and a reception desk. I stayed on the 20th floor and from what I can tell there are four rooms per floor. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I liked the room. It was small, probably comparable to other NYC hotel rooms. The bathroom was decent and there was a little desk that I put to good use. As it was on the top floor there was plenty of light and when I opened the windows a crack all street noise blended together into a general white noise. I didn't hear any other guests during my time here.

The only hiccup I had was with regards to wireless internet. I had a hard time logging my devices onto the network. Part of the time they couldn't detect it, but when they finally did it was so slow that it was useless. I kind of used this as an excuse to not do work so I didn't contact any staff about the problem. I mentioned it at check out and the receptionist was apologetic.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again should the need arise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. I am glad to know that your enjoyed your stay overall. I am so sorry for the internet connection; my staff and I are working to improve it. Again, thank you for staying with us, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel was a surprise. Booked it due to the reasonable cost and downtown location. Didn't expect such as spacious and comfortable room, and clean. Had the best sleep of our trip at this hotel. Rooms were very well appointed, very spacious and a good sized bathroom. Staff were very helpful; Leslie was excellent. The location is great for all the downtown attractions, and close to Fulton St subway which gives you access to most lines. What a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear guest, I appreciate your comments about your most recent stay at my hotel. I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay - Thanks again!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good location. Very small room and bathroom. Toilet adapted so can open door into bathroom.
Bathroom very small, had to straddle the toilet or turn sideways to close bathroom door. Initially in Room 404 but the mold smell was so bad in the bathroom requested an air cleaner (they didn't have any) so moved me to room 1503. When checked out that room, thermostat set to 84 degrees so hard to tell if bathroom smelled of mold. It did but not as bad. Only visible mold around the handle in shower. Shower designed very poorly, with short edge (about 2" tall) and shower curtain that billows out and barely reaching edge of the short ledge. This meant both of my bigger roommates got water all over the floor. I'm very short/Petite so could keep the water mostly off the floor. This and a very wimpy fan in bathroom would be my guess of where the mold smell comes from. I would have moved again but was tired of packing up and moving.
Booked through Priceline, had to pay $50/night extra for Friday and Saturday nights to upgrade to two doubles. Actually stayed Wednesday-Sunday. Room was very small, had to store suitcases on the side of the bed and on the top of the Wardrobe (no closet) to have any room. Front desk was nice and allowed me to check in early (about 10:30am). They moved me quickly when I complained about the mold smell. Good location, easy to Subway. Very small lobby. Small workout room. Reasonable restaurant for breakfast but ask for cheddar otherwise the default is American cheese. Good restaurants around that location.

Room Tip: Higher up to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie12

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at my hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room; please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions/concerns. -

Reviewed April 19, 2013

As Priority Club members, we were given a comfortable room in terms of size and layout. The window faced the back, but provided more quiet (which we like). The staff was very helpful, and we enjoyed our stay very much. The location is very close to many small, cute eateries and stores and subways. But one should take time to get familiar with the narrow streets and directions (toward Water St. or toward Broadway). Lots of people all the time and safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: corner room more space; rooms back of hotel are quiet
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear guest, I am glad to know that your enjoyed the weekend! - thank you for taking the time to review my hotel, I appreciate it. - Please come back soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

perfect tourist budget hotel
not a cheap economy hotel - it is nice holiday inn, with good room rate .
if you came to travel or work in NYC,
no lobby, just a front desk with 3 chairs, but hey - this is the way to reduce the rate, we came to explore NYC,
close to Subway, perfect if you are coming from JFK on the A train.
also good connection to mid town.
secure and safe area - as it is next to the federal reserve .
also all food lace around are for the working people in this business area . not tourist trap !
try the food carts for breakfast or launch.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ya_ya16

Dear guest, thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay in Downtown NYC. I am glad to know that your enjoyed your stay...thanks again!