“Great city option”

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Ranked #354 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We priceline-d this hotel and had a great experience. Though the rooms were small, they more than adequately met the needs of two adults. The rooms were clean and tidy and had enough room for us to store our things.

The location was great -- I've been to NY a few times but usually stay with friends or family so I'm not super familiar with getting around the city on my own, but the train was VERY close and within walking distance of quite a few destinations (Chinatown, 9/11 memorial) and shops/restaurants.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and for the price, you couldn't ask for much more. We did have a bit of an issue with the tv not receiving some stations (we had wanted to watch the SNL episode we almost got tickets to), but we were barely in the room long enough for this to be something I'd actually complain about.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear guest, I appreciate your feedback and patronage. Thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for this past MLK day weekend and were quite satisfied. The service was kind and prompt, and the managers were quite kind in welcoming us to the hotel. Moreover, the rooms were clean and tidy, though perhaps a bit cramped (naturally, being in downtown NYC). Finally, the restaurant service at the hotel was good, and we were gracious for the kindness they treat us with.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank landonroussel

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for your feedback, I appreciate it.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The staff at this hotel were very pleasant and extremely helpful. One of the people at the front desk even walked outside with me for about a block to make sure I was headed in the right direction! Rooms a little small (true for most places in NY), but very clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SusanBalaCynwyd
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience at my hotel. It is nice to hear that my staff made your stay an enjoyable one! - Come back soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is the best option for the good value for a pleasant stay. The place is very clean, safe and the hospitality is good. Food is extraordinary and the environment is very peaceful.The check in process is good and easy and the staff provide a warm welcome to atttract all the people. All staffs are very friendly and responsive. The place is having a very good connectivity and we can enjoy a pleasant stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sadiq4578

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind review about my hotel. I appreciate your input and patronage! - Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is a budget option in the Wall Street Area. We paid a really low rate. But I'd better splurged, because we were assigned the smallest room ever! I know, I know, NY hotel rooms are on the small side (not our first stay in NY), but these rooms are not only TINY, but seem very cramped, have really bad views, everything seems kind of worn. I did not like it at all, there are much better budget options in the city. Hotel of no return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. I appreciate your feedback and comments; thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel was good value because we paid less than the rack price by bidding on Priceline.
The rooms are very small, but the beds are comfortable, the place is very clean, the safe in the room is great for storing valuables, the staff are friendly and responsive, it is very close to many subway stations, so you can get to any part of Manhattan quickly and easily, and there are a myriad of restaurants close by for every taste.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidschatzky
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience at my hotel. I am pleased to know that you had a great time in NYC; thanks again and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Although previous reviews noted that the rooms are small, and knowing NYC hotel rooms are typically small, I was surprised how small this hotel turned out to be. Walking in off the street into such a tiny foyer we did not get a good first impression. However, the check-in process was easy and the staff was very nice and professional! Entering the room was another shocker. The door to the bathroom literally had 1/16 of an inch clearance between the door and the toilet. To shut the bathroom door, you had to stand next to the toilet and shut the door. A one person bathroom for sure. Because their were three of us ( two adults and an 8 year old), we choose a room with 2 double beds. I forgot how small double beds are, but queen size beds would never fit in the space. With three people, and 4 pieces of luggage (the disadvantage of traveling in the winter), we had to stack luggage on top of the armoire so that we had room to walk around the room. Even then, the passage in front of the beds was less than 3 feet and one of the beds was 5-6 inches from the wall. Also, the thermostat was next to the armoire so when the door to the armoire was open, this affected the efficiency of the heating / AC unit. For some reason, the room always seemed hot. Fortunately, the room was clean and we did not spend much time in our room. Nonetheless, having stayed at other NYC hotels in this price range that had more space, I doubt that I would stay here again unless I am traveling alone. Just too small for three people!!!

Room Tip: When the reviews say the rooms are small, believe it!!!