Originally booked a five night stay during the week of Halloween. great location to begin with a stroll down to wall street, battery park and the WTC, along with the other surrounding neighborhoods in the lower manhattan part. Subways and bus stops are very close just a few minute walk and water taxies.
Now regarding the Hotel the lobby is small, the rooms are small even the double. but then again it's NYC rooms tend to be small. I Traveled here with family (4) on our second visit to NY. I had read mixed reviews on the hotel prior to booking so I was a bit concerned and skeptical on what to expect upon arival to the hotel. Small lobby and hallways, the rooms are small but cozy and comfortable, had Ac and heater system, flat screen t.v. Most importantly free WiFi, the bathroom was very tiny I think 5mm more and the door hits the toilet seat. Friendly and helpful staff..
The hotels restaurant is medium size with a bar, ate here only for breakfast twice, the food was ok, (personally I believe it needed more seasoning) otherwise it was good. I believe the hotel also has a gym? But not sure since there was no time.
As mention I originally had booked a 5 night stay but ended up staying an additional 3 nights due to hurricane Sandy who came along and caused some damage and shut down the airports. The hotel managed to work out our extended stay for the additional days along with giving us a discounted price which made our stay and pockets happy. "During the power blackout in lower manhattan" the hotel maintained open but with out power only generators the powered the hallways but not the rooms. This part of my review is based on how the hotel managed and how well planned are they during a natural disaster or such other event.
To continue, no power in our rooms, so nights were a very quite and boring and somewhat cold for about 4 nights, only a drizzle of cold water came out of the shower. Some rooms toilet system worked and some did not. The hotel continued to provide clean towels. The staff was very helpful and attentive during this event they allowed guest to charge cell phone batteries in the lobby using a power strip that connected to I would guess a generator. Only one elevator worked, the hotel did provide free goodies at the entrance of the lobby, fresh fruit, bottles of water, cup cakes, cookies and crackers. Great job!
Overall the hotel did a great job. However I believe they could had at least tried to power up the rooms (using the generator) that were occupied, so that guest would not be in the dark or even some hot water.
To finish, my overall experience and stay at the Holiday Inn went great, great location, walking distance to many great restaurants, rooms are small but hey who travels to NYC and stays in the room? Friendy and helpful staff, and therefore I would possible consider in staying here again if I go back to NYC. I recommend this hotel, for the price you can't ask for much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated in 2017, the Holiday Inn New York City-Wall Street is ideally located for business and leisure travelers alike. We are within walking of Wall Street, the Federal Bank Reserve, City Hall and One World Trade Center. Our Financial District hotel offers 113 modern, upgraded guestrooms featuring state-of-the-art amenities including high speed internet access to keep you on top of work and the latest news. After a day of sightseeing or business, stop by our on-site restaurant, The BullPen Bar & Grille for a delicious meal and cocktail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street Hotel New York City
- Reserve Hotel New York City