“Great Hotel, Quiet location.”

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Ranked #352 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed her 19th Oct 2012 for 2 nights in room 2001 on the 20th floor, from the moment we arrived we were treated extremely well by all of the staff on the front desk especially Leslie. The room was fine but could have done with another wardrobe. The hotel is in a quiet area of lower Manhattan. We had breakfast on both mornings in the restaurant/bar which was good and reasonably priced.
To get around the city we purchased a metro card to enable us to use the subway system. I would 100% return to this hotel and would like to say thank you to all of the amazing staff.

Room Tip: high floor 2001 is great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I am pleased to hear that my staff made your stay enjoyable...hope you come back soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last night for one night. Got a great deal on Priceline. One block from the subway station. Room was basically a king size bed and a bathroom with a nice flat screen on the wall. I just slept in the room which served its purpose. Very clean and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Comfortable, clean and well-located. I book a room here so as to avoid higher prices in midtown. Although you have to take subway to go to most major attractions the inconvience is small. Nothing to not like about this place.

Rooms are small but you aren't in NYC to stay in your hotel room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review; hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We checked in two days before sandy hit the city... The hotel is a 3 star, and last year we stayed in the Hilton 3.5 stars that is a few blocks away... gotta say that is a HUGE half star! In comparison the Holiday Inn had a ridiculously small lobby, only two elevators, and the whole place seemed totally outdated. We Pricelined the hotel, so got a good rate otherwise would have felt we were overcharged.

Once the hurricane hit and we lost power (even up to that point) the staff was wonderful. The on site restaurant continued to serve food up to the moment power went out, and the staff at the front desk were helpful, and kind (even though many guests were rude (for some reason people took out their frustrations with the power outtage and such on the hotel staff)). Given the situation the staff did a wonderful job accommodating its guests.

Overall? Disappointed with the hotel, but impressed with the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your feedback and hope you are doing well. I appreciate your input in regards to my staff performance during the storm. We tried our best to continue providing the same level of service, and I am pleased to know that you were impressed with them. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'd like to be the first to review this place on how they manage during an emergency. Let me just say, I feel like they are family now after we've survived Hurricane Sandy together. My parents & I were evacuated to this hotel from the Water St location. The staff was unbelievably calm & positive during the entire storm & during the power outage. They literally worked non-stop since the evacuation process started - it was amazing to see the same faces night & day for 4 days straight. They opened their restaurant and served coffee, water and cereal for guests & people outside the hotel. Bottles of water would appear outside our door when we woke up. Trash was removed from the rooms every day even though it was chaos outside. They were committed to keeping all guests secure & as comfortable as possible & I am grateful to them for that. I hope all of the people on staff from that week get HUGE bonuses because they deserve it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LilStreetE

Dear guest, I cannot thank you enough for your kind words about my staff. Despite the adverse circumstances during the storm, they continued working together as a family. Thank you very much for your review and hope to personally welcome you next time you come to New York City. Be well!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room was well laid out, clean, comfortable bed, quiet. Small hotel with not much of a view from many room probably but a good location for Wall St., South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Sept. 11th memorial. The front desk staff were friendly. There were 2 computers for guest use in the (tiny) lobby and another type of kiosk. There is a restaurant and room service, neither of which we had time to use. Check in and check out were very easy. Shampoo and soap provided.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind review. we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Wednesday, October 24th. We checked our luggage that morning as our rooms weren't ready yet. The staff were very friendly. When we returned later that day, our rooms were ready, again friendly staff and check in was fast and efficient. I was on the 2nd floor. When I got off the elevator I almost thought I was on a service floor because there were about 8 vacuums lined up in the hallway. Not so appealing and was worried about what my room would look like! BUT the room was fine. Clean, small, but sufficient. The hotel is very convenient to the Staten Island Ferry, shops, restaurants/bars, fast food, subways, etc. There really isn't anything you can't find in this area! Its also a very safe area day & night. A lot of police presence due to it being in the financial district. The freedom tower is very close. Close to Century 21 shopping (I wasn't impressed with the store though). When I was checking out the next morning I walked out of my room to the same old vacuums and piles and piles of clean towels blocking the hallway (I couldn't fit my suitcase past them). My recommendation to management is to ask cleaning staff to put their supplies out of the way of guests and out of view (not pleasant to look at). The hallways are very narrow as it is without adding clutter to them. The breakfast was minimal but nice for a NYC hotel to offer. The waitress was overwhelmed and a little rude due to it being so busy. I would stay at this hotel again if the Millenium is not available (the rooms are much larger for the same price).

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel and provide valuable feedback. I have addressed your comments with my staff and proper steps have been taken to remedy the storage issue. Thanks again for your comments and looking forward to see you soon!.