We checked in two days before sandy hit the city... The hotel is a 3 star, and last year we stayed in the Hilton 3.5 stars that is a few blocks away... gotta say that is a HUGE half star! In comparison the Holiday Inn had a ridiculously small lobby, only two elevators, and the whole place seemed totally outdated. We Pricelined the hotel, so got a good rate otherwise would have felt we were overcharged.
Once the hurricane hit and we lost power (even up to that point) the staff was wonderful. The on site restaurant continued to serve food up to the moment power went out, and the staff at the front desk were helpful, and kind (even though many guests were rude (for some reason people took out their frustrations with the power outtage and such on the hotel staff)). Given the situation the staff did a wonderful job accommodating its guests.
Overall? Disappointed with the hotel, but impressed with the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated in 2017, the Holiday Inn New York City-Wall Street is ideally located for business and leisure travelers alike. We are within walking of Wall Street, the Federal Bank Reserve, City Hall and One World Trade Center. Our Financial District hotel offers 113 modern, upgraded guestrooms featuring state-of-the-art amenities including high speed internet access to keep you on top of work and the latest news. After a day of sightseeing or business, stop by our on-site restaurant, The BullPen Bar & Grille for a delicious meal and cocktail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street Hotel New York City
- Reserve Hotel New York City