Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
AKA Wall Street(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe financial districtbattery parkstock exchangenew yorklower manhattanbrooklyn bridgestatue of libertyminute walkworld tradearound the cornerrooms are smallquiet areaper nightbusiness tripbed was comfortableconvenient locationsubway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2012

one street away from the true new york. a road away from broadway street, a few away from times square. hotel perfectly near to subways. can't get a better location for price, value, and 5* service than at the holiday inn wall street. excellent bed and great service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EmjayDurban
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest, I cannot thank you enough for your kind review! - I appreciate your feedback and thanks again for choosing us as your place to stay in Downtown Manhattan, come back soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is really a no frills, clean, convenient, relatively affordable place to stay in Manhattan (best rates on the weekends as the financial district sort of empties out Friday night through Monday morning). I stayed for four nights in room 508, which provided a comfortable King bed, flat screen tv with HBO, and a small, but efficient bathroom with a stall shower. Don't expect much walking around space here (the bed takes up most of the room), but that's pretty much par for the course in Manhattan hotels, especially ones with rates around $200 per night. Our room had a couple of light bulbs that had burned out, but the hotel staff only replaced one. The lighting fixtures are sort of strange, bendable torches that emit very bright light that can't be adjusted. The lighting was basically irritating. The folks at the front desk are nice enough, but this is a place most definitely geared for the masses and high volume traffic, so don't expect too much in the way of personalized anything. It's easy to get to any of the trains, and cabs are abundant. You can walk to just about anywhere in lower Manhattan easily (including Brooklyn Bridge, Battery Park, City Hall, Soho and TriBeCa). Overall, if you are planning to spend more time out and about, then this place will do just fine. But, if you are looking to be pampered or to luxuriate in your hotel, you should look elsewhere. This is a decent, affordable, no frills chain hotel. It is what I expected for the most part. It is what it is. No surprises.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank tonyvski

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel; I appreciate your feedback and patronage. Thanks againf or staying with us!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had not stayed in a Holiday Inn for some time based on poor past experience, so had trepidation. However, my low expectations were surpassed to the point that I would stay here again based on cleanliness, location, great bed and desk staff.

As mentioned in other reviews, the room is small, but so are most rooms in the fianancial district. The desk staff were very friendly, welcoming and professional - and one, Nicole, even remembered my name upon my return hours later. I arrived very early before check-in time so did not expect my room to be ready (it was not.) But they checked my bag for me which was cheerfully returned later when I checked in. Walking maps are provided of the lower Manhattan area.

Most amenities are provided - comfy bed with clean sheets and duvet, flat screen TV, desk, standing closet with iron/board, bath amenities (soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash - but what was missing, and that I would have liked - was lotion) - hair dryer on back of door. Note that there is no safe in the room. I did not ask at the desk if they had a safe available given I was there only one night, but this is something I think most travelers will want.

Bathroom was very clean and everything worked. My two small complaints are that there is no light in the tub/shower area (so a little dark), and the towels are cheap and rough, although clean and in good condition. Yes, the bathroom is small, but my room had a small window and was large enough to move around.

The room was very clean, all fixtures, lights and equipment worked. I had a nice corner room on the 14th floor which was perhaps a little bigger than some. No real view - you see into other buildings. The hallways were clean, but had a claustrophobic feel as they are very small - but overall I had a fairly safe feeling.

Did not have an opportunity to try the little restaurant as there are just too many other options within walking distance. This hotel is surrounded by subway stops and is very convient.

Room Tip: Try for corner room, larger with more windows. As already mentioned, few rooms per floor so likely you will get a higher floor. No pool that I could see; there was a small workout room that I did not have time to use. Did not order room service. Was on the 14th floor - very little street noise; no sounds from neighbors and slept very well.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank whizzzyCanton_Ct

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. I am pleased to know that we met your expectations during your stay. Thanks again

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very clean. Great location, close to 2 subway stops! Right near the world trade center. A 5-10 minute walk to the Brooklyn Bridge. A 15 min subway to the major sights. Bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the 20th floor. We liked it. It was quiet. Ice/vending machines are on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarieSjaan B
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that we were able to exceed your overall expectations. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Wall Street in the near future, thank you.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Booked this place for a few nights on Hotwire got a good rate for $140 which is
A low rate in comparison to most hotels in NYC . The first room was small with only a tiny shower/ bathroom and unacceptable for 2 adults. Front desk was courteous enough to provide an upgrade at no extra charge. NIGHT and DAY difference... Lovely. There is your best tip... Do not book a standard room here. Always ask for an upgrade.... Always .. Especially here. Free parking on the street on weekends.
Location? Kind of in the far end of the financial district and quite a walk to all theatre districts , entertainment etc.
So taxis are your best bet to get around.
Overall good and better value than average if you want to do NYC on a budget. This is the place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing my hotel as your place to stay in Downtown NYC. - I appreciate it!