“Big pieces of sweets”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We tend to want the food to really taste great, not just be big. The cookies and desserts were definitely big but the idea of combining after dinner wine with dessert isn't as great as it sounds. A dessert wine, yes. But that's not what is here. Positives? Very friendly service, gods young crowd. Fun place. It's just that the desserts were average.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We passed this place in the morning, so we didn't go for what is apparently their fore: matching sweet cakes with a beer of a glass of wine. We had coffee, but liked the small place anyway. Next time we will come in later in the day...

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Came here late on a Sunday night. Our server was friendly and my cupcake was to die for. I had the chocolate cupcake with chocolate truffle frosting paired with a blueberry ale. It was a surprisingly good combination. What a great idea: cupcake and beer pairing (but you can choose wine)! Nice atmosphere on a fall night. I am dying to try their brunch: they have red velvet belgian waffles!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Finally got a chance to go here for dessert and loved it. They didn't have the flavor cupcake I wanted to try that day, so I opted for a classic, red velvet. It was very moist and it had a nice, fresh raspberry topping that made it even more delicious. I had it paired with the wine-a raspberry bellini, which went nicely. My hubby had his paired with the beer, which he said tasted like a Guinness, which isn't his personal favorite, but aside from that, we enjoyed our desserts.
The only thing is it is super small only a few tables and a couple of stools. We started out at a stool and then were able to get a table when someone left. The other thing is it only has a B health department rating, which is really scary, but I really wanted to try this place so I wished away all of the dirtiness that may have been involved in the making of my cupcake and just enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We originally saw Sweet Revenge on the Food Network and misssed an opportunity to visit in 2012. During our 2013 New York trip, Sweet Revenge was on our must visit list on day one. The place is smaller than expected but the staff was great and helped us understand how the dessert pairing worked. The local folks that came in were also very friendly. We went back two days later for breakfast on my husband's birthday and the waitress placed a lit candle on his waffle. It was a great personal touch!