“What's not to like about a Dessert Tour?... YUMMY!”

Ahoy New York Food Tours
Chinatown and Little Italy Food Fest
Ranked #10 of 104 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ahoy New York Tours and Tasting is a treasured food tour adventure for both tourists and locals. The tours, based in Little Italy and Chinatown, are an adventure of ethnic food, fun conversation, sightseeing, and trivia. A special feature, Ahoy New York Food Tours frequents restaurants and customers enjoy generous portions. In addition, each tour is held in small groups of 12-13 individuals to allow for an intimate experience.
Reviewed February 9, 2010

As a person who has lived in NYC for 10 years I am always looking for new and fun things to do… well I definitely found one this weekend. Ahoy NY Tours & Tasting!

A friend and I went on the Upper West Side Dessert Tour. Lead by Alana, our tour guide, we walked around to different dessert shops all within a few blocks from each other. We were told the history of certain attractions and buildings in the area. We also learned some of the interesting ingredients in the desserts we were sampling. Alana was informative and always gave us a few recommendations in case we were overwhelmed by all the lovely dessert choices.

The best thing about the tour was there was something for everyone. I personally am not a huge cupcake/cookie desert person but there was one stop with gelato which is right up my alley. Since you can usually take desserts “to go” I was able to purchase a few items for later when I wanted a little treat.

I highly recommend taking one of these tours. It lasts about 2 ½ - 3 hours depending on the group size. Wear comfortable shoes and feel free to bring a camera.

This was definitely a great way to experience NYC without spending a lot of money.

All reviews
"chinatown food tour"
in 15 reviews
"italy tour"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 32 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 6 reviews
"private tour"

Reviewed January 3, 2010

A fantastic tour of several neighbourhoods, with information on history and culture, in a personal and friendly tour. Alana has much knowledge to share and her choice of foody stops was amazing. The time passed all too quickly and you are certainly not needing lunch before the tour, or dinner after!. To see a part of NYC away from the usual tourist trail is great. A must do when in NY!

Reviewed December 18, 2009

Having been to New York on several occasions we thought we had seen a lot of things. Wrong!. The tour was very informative, the food was amazing and Alana was very knowledgeable about the area, culture and food we sampled. I've never actually ridden the New York Subway so that was another great experience. I would do that again!! I'm not normally one for trying new things, but ther experience with Thai, Chinese, Italian and others was amazing. We liked the recommendations so much that we went back to sample more on our own, had lunch and dinner in the same places as the tour and soaked in the atmosphere!. Alana, thank you so much for this experience. We hope to visit again next year and this will certainly be in our plans
Alan & Kathy

Reviewed December 16, 2009

We had a wonderful time walking through the streets of NYC with Alana. Alana was a great host who shared so much information about the foods, markets, culture and history of the areas that we visited. The foods that we sampled (don´t let that fool you....you get really full) were delicious! We had a really nice 4 day trip to NYC but I came home talking about the wonderful food tour that we did with Alana! Great for anyone who only has a few days in New York and wants to get to sample alittle of everything!