“A Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Mamma Mia! on Broadway - CLOSED

Mamma Mia! on Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 30 million people all around the world have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music that make MAMMA MIA! the ultimate feel-good show! Writer Catherine Johnson's sunny, funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity of her father brings 3 men from her mother's past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago. The story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, and every night everyone’s having the time of their lives! With more productions playing internationally than any other musical, MAMMA MIA! is a Global Smash Hit!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I went to see Mama Mia when we were on holiday in NY in September 2013. To be honest I was expecting to be a bit unimpressed having heard the music so many times and frankly finding it a bit boring now when I hear it on the radio. (I know they are great songs and really enjoyed them when they were first released). Pleasant surprise, the show was great and really funny in parts, the cast being excellent. The quality of the music production and the dance routines were really good. I would recommend seeing it even if you are a lapsed Abba fan like me.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was expecting a good show, but it was even better. Music was great. Performances were great. It had parts that were laugh out loud funny. By the encores, everyone was dancing in the aisles. We went with just a ladies group, so I am not sure how men would like it. I can surely say they would not like it as much as women. Only complaint: $23 for a glass of cheap wine.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Superb Broadway performance, forget the film. Seats comfortable but as usual the leg room is poor, but so are most theatres.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

A very nice, very funny and touching at the same time show with great music from Abba. I liked how the directors put a comic and burlesque tone to the script, so it;s not justt a musical, but it is also a nice comedy. Great for Abba lovers, but not only. Voices of the actors were really good. Great abba music, idyllic setting in a white and blue greek island, funny and touching, what else do you need..??