“amazing show”
Review of Billy Elliot the Musical - CLOSED

Billy Elliot the Musical
More attraction details
Owner description: Billy Elliot The Musical is the new show that has captured Broadway's heart and received the best reviews for any musical in years. Called "extraordinarily uplifting" by Time Out New York and "intoxicating" by The New York Times, Billy Elliot is a joyous, exciting and feel-good celebration of one boy following his heart and making his dreams come true. Based on the critically acclaimed feature film, Billy Elliot is brought to life by the movie's original creative team and music legend Elton John.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was sceptical - I was wrong - what a fantastic MUST SEE show, A really funny show - watch out for little Micheal the cross dresser, he is brilliant. There are so may high points in the show it is impossible to name just one, you will be right there with them all the way. The whole show is very evocative of the era, I know - I lived through it. The show will make you think, maybe challenge your political and social viewpoints, but it will entertain you thoroughly from start to finish.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The standard of the show was excellent - what you'd expect from a Broadway show! Being British and picky my only complaint was the 'Geordie' accents were appalling! It didn't ruin the show one bit, just that myself and my friends were making a joke of the accents and it slightly took away the professionalism for us. But I'm sure it is something only Brits who know the accent would pick up on.
In other terms though, the standard of acting, singing and dancing was incredible, particularly from the kids! Seeing a Broadway musical is definitely a worthwhile experience!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The kids are so talented, the music is very good, but I just think the movie is better because is more drama involved.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

At Victoria Palace Theatre Friday 19th July. Went with friends from Glasgow, and while there was some good drama, and scenarios relevant to the events of that period, we were all shocked at the profanities, not so much from the adult cast, but from young folk & children in the cast using bad and inappropriate language . How parents can let their kids participate in a musical like this is beyond me.
As Christians we were particularly upset at the casual use of "Jesus" as a swear word. We know that this goes on all the time, but we did not expect to be gratuitously confronted with it after paying good money for tickets.
We left halfway through the show, disappointed and disgusted.
MB

2  Thank Martin B
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I had seen Billy Elliott in London another time but wanted to take our granddaughters (14 and 16). I loved it as much the second time, and they did too. The dancing is absolutely outstanding and of interest is the time in British history that is represented. I would actually go again.

1  Thank SharonSCalifornia