“An upper West Side keepsake”

Pearls Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #8,434 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
New York City
“An upper West Side keepsake”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family and friends have eaten at Pearls Chinese restaurant many times. Recently we reserved for a large birthday party of twelve people. Once again, Pearls service and food did not disappoint, as everything we ordered and shared family style -- soups, appetizers, entrees -- was delicious! Pearls lives within a plethora of high profile restaurants on the upper West Side, but it maintains a loyal clientele for good reason! Bon appetit!

Visited November 2011

Brooklyn, New York
“Couldnt believe it”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

To start the food was good but that always isnt what makes me want to eat some place. Unfortunatly everything else was not so good. First we were made to wait 10 min for a table when there were quite a few open. The problem was several employees were busy chatting with each other about another employee. This was done right in dining room infront of customers. How unprofessional. Next the service itself was seriously lacking. First they forgot to brind a dish which they claimed we didnt order. I asked about the size of the cantoneese noodle soup and was told it was small but it was like a meal. We took the dish they forgot to go and as a kicker they forgot the rice. Luckly I noticed. The staff was rude at times and just to overwhelmed. My advise. Take a pass here. Food although good is not worth everything else wrong with this place.

• Visited December 2011
NYC
“The best”
Reviewed March 6, 2008

Seriously. I've lived on the Upper West Side for 10 years, and I'm sure I've eaten at every Chinese restaurant. This one is my favorite. Free white wine, VERY tasty food, nice people, low prices. WE have parties here a lot, since they gladly accommodate large gatherings. What more could you want? I've been going here since they were on 103rd and Broadway (years ago) and this place is like home.