“Fantastic Dinner”
Review of Macao Trading Co

Macao Trading Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Macao Trading Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #942 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese, Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Walker and Lispenard Streets
Transit: J, M, N, R, Z & 6 trains to Canal Street and 1 train to Franklin Street.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My fiancee and I had dinner here on a trip to NYC last weekend and it was fantastic! From the moment you walk in, you can't help but notice the wonderful dark and mysterious ambiance. We loved the sangria and all the food we ordered! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

It is very interesting and cool place with great service and friendly staff even on a crowded Friday night. Too bad I my girlfriend was pregnant at that time so I couldn't stay there after the dinner for cocktails :) Anyway, the food is excellent. I would love to go there again and experience the rest of the place, the bar especially.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

the concept of being a bordello from the far east is beutifully executed, the decor is remarkable and the music is to the point, the bartenders there are more than capable and make this EO owned venue a happy place with exquisite drinks, the food however was less than satisfying we ordered 3 dishes, and aside from the dim sum which was great everything else was below average.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Months before I booked a semi-private space downstairs for 13 people and was shocked to show up on the night and find that not only had we been moved upstairs to the main dining room, but that our table wasn't even ready. 30 minutes later when the people at "our" table cleared off we were seated.

Food was tasty but surprisingly the mixed drinks were not. In fact some of them were undrinkable. Our waitress was inattentive and when I got the bill she had screwed that up by a whopping $600. Man-oh-man I will not be going back to Macao!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Prior to my first visit, I read several reviews and do agree this to be an interesting concept restaurant. The drinks were outstanding, food selections diverse, though not particularly impressive (overall resounding MEH). The Lobster noodles were good, Grilled Octopus was wonderful complimented by a nice white bean salad.
The decor was drab, dark and reminiscent of an underground speak easy- however it became way too authentic when I was greeted by a rodent in the co-ed restroom (corner WC). As I was dining with 3 other friends, and tis was early in the meal-I decided to keep that bit of info quiet.
I did however find myself glancing around the floor during the meal and felt nervous about the overall sanitation of this place.
Overall pretty grungy even by Tribeca standards