“I loved this place”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My first ever time eating red lobsters and it was great they even had a bar with great drinks next time I come to New York I'll be sure to visit this place

Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our wait staff were delightful, but the food and wait time was just dreadful. Our appertizer, ( natural oysters) arrived at the same time as our entree. My husband's beer battered fish n chips was disgusting and the worst he has ever had. The oysters were simply tasteless. My main was okay. The only thing that was good about this place was the Kendall & Jackson Chardonay. Don't bother - there must be better places to eat in Times Square (surely).

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I visited the US around a year ago. Back then my wife was dying to have lunch at Red Lobster, yet, unfortunately we didn’t manage to squeeze it in. During our July/ August trip this year, we have cleared a spot for Red Lobster. All what we knew about the restaurant is based on American movies, where usually the lead actors are sitting wearing those white napkin bibs with a red lobster imprint around their necks, holding a hammer and cracking open some crabs and lobsters. That’s how we imagined it to be like.

Arriving at Red Lobster, our expectations got shattered. The place was PACKED with tourists, and nowhere could we see the napkin bibs. Turns out, it’s just a regular US chain, not any different than the Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, The Cheesecake Factory, or Buffalo Wild Wings. Not that that any of those restaurants aren’t good, but they are just too commercial!

After a 30 minute wait, we were seated on the 1st floor, which, despite being relatively dark, was very quiet, due to the limited number of tables on that floor. The table, however, was sticky and service was somewhat slow. My wife and I shared the Ultimate Feast and the Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Scallops. For desert we had the Triple-Chocolate Brownie.

So let’s start with the Pros: 1. Even though the food was nothing like what we see in the movies, it was nice and filling (Yet, if you’re into seafood, you better find a less touristy place); 2. Location is very convenient as it’s in Times Square; 3. Desert was nice (Nothing special though, just ice cream and a brownie)

Moving on to the cons: 1. Very touristy and not optimal for seafood enthusiasts; 2. Food wasn’t
that special, so don't expect to have one of you're best meals during your trip; 3. Even though some may find the location convenient, I prefer eating fish anywhere by the water, rather than in Times Square; 3. Table was sticky and to clean it they just wiped it with a piece of wet cloth, which gave me the feeling of being in a McDonald’s rather than a Red Lobster

Maybe our expectations were just too high, but for both my wife and I once is enough. We both wanted to see what Red Lobster was all about, and we did. Next time we’re in the US we will definitely look for something less touristy if we’re craving lobsters and crabs.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were invited by a couple of friends to go and eat there.. I presume that everything I ate has been defrost and then warmed up.. how to waist your money..

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Located in the heart of Time Square. This place has a great atmosphere and ambiance. The food is good as always and our server was really good. She was always thoughtful on how to make evening more pleasant. There is a bit of a waiting time but this is expected with the hustle and bustle of it's location.