Review Highlights
Loved it. But still not as good as the movie.

I had an amazing time seeing Anastasia the Musical. I grew up with the movie, and though not made... read more

Reviewed May 22, 2019
rinidamini
Midlothian, Virginia
Wonderful Entertainment

In Saint Petersburg, Russia in 1917 Princess Anastasia escapes an invasion of the palace by the... read more

Reviewed May 16, 2019

from $39.62
from $81.70
from $67.81
More Info
All reviews beautiful costumes animated movie ramin karimloo broadhurst theater dowager empress broadway show russian revolution huge fan of the movie fairy tale stage door musical score set design story line great actors during intermission talented cast great seats
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2017

This play is a must go. It's based on the Romanov dynasty and what happened to them, but the story of Anastasia as presented by Broadway is a little fairy tale, which served my purposes fine, I have sad endings. In real life, it was even more tragic than portrayed. It is still worth going because the acting, the clothing, the sets, the music, everything and I mean everything was superb. It's a must see for adults, foreigners and especially young girls. I don't believe it will be on a half price for awhile.

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

This was a great show! Don't go into it expecting it to be like the animated 90's movie because you might be disappointed even though there are some similarities. With that said my daughter and I really enjoyed it and the acting was excellent. I highly recommend this production!

Reviewed August 3, 2017

What a show. 5 minutes into the show it was breath taking with the spectacular costumes of the family at a ball. It was a Wow. Everyone was dressed in white with sparkles. You didn't know who to look at because they all were beautiful even the men. The scene changes were so original and colorful. The train scene was so creative you just kept thinking how do they do that? The story was captivating and exciting. The cast was just perfect and the music delightful. What a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon. You should go!

Reviewed August 3, 2017

My sister and I surprised my mom with tickets to this show for Mother's Day. What a great gift it turned out to be! It was so much fun to see the show with the original cast members. Everything from the actors/actresses, music, costumes, set, etc. was wonderful! We sat in the mezzanine and honestly I thought they were some of the best seats in the house. Would definitely recommend this show to anyone!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Ive been trying to put my finger on just what it ws about this show that really grabbed us... whether it was the splendiferous costumes, gorgeous and creative set, lack of agenda, beautiful voices of the cast, the mystery behind the story (& the way they deftly handled that) or the lovely cast... i cant decide. Suffice it to say we loved it! Unable to get Hamilton tickets, my teens & I decided to try something about which we knew nothing (other than the story line). Maybe the story was enhanced by my kids having visited the palace where the Romanovs were inprisoned, and seen their graves...or maybe it was the Disney version that hooked them, or maybe it was the handsome male lead, but my girls and I loved it all. We have been listening to tje soundtrack ever since. Well-done, Broadhurst!

Date of experience: July 2017