“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #37 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Chelsea Pines has always been a dependable bed & breakfast in NYC. We have stayed there many times and the rooms are always clean, neat and nicely furnished. The breakfast is great and we always leave having made new friends over coffee. The owners always make sure we have everything we need. The rooms are decorated with vintage movie posters and each room is named after a famous actor/actress. My favorite is the Paul Newman room.
Be sure and get a room on the lower floors. It can be a hard trudge up the stairs with luggage!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank KyMask

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2011

From the moment we booked theChelsea Pines guesthouse online, the service we received was outstanding. Any queries we had regarding our journey or stay were answered promptly assuring us that our choice of accommodation was the right one. I had emailed at the time of booking to explain that the trip was to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday; on our arrival we were warmly welcomed and throughout our stay they helped make her birthday a special memory. The room was unique, clean, quiet and welcoming. The staff were all pleasant and the attention to detail throughout our stay was incredible. The recommendations of places to eat, visit and see within the city were always spot on. The location was excellent; a very short walk from the subway with easy access to all the popular sights and attractions, in a safe neighbourhood where we walked at night without feeling threatened (which is important for two women alone in a large city) and between the trendy areas of Chelsea, Meatpacking district and Greenwich. I cannot recommend Chelsea Pines Inn enough. We certainly intend to return. Thank you Jay and team; Jill & Kathryn

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank Swampy771
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We chose this hotel after reading the TripAdvisor reviews and are so pleased with our choice.
The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful in providing information on sights and events. The owner himself made us feel very welcome.
The hotel is less than 1 block from a subway stop, for easy access to anywhere we wanted to visit in NYC.
We found the room size and quality to be one of the best values in NYC, including a flat-screen TV and granite counters.
They have a business center with free computer access, and an easygoing cat who hangs out in the hallways.
Breakfast is included , with a nice selection of food and juices.
We will definitely stay here again next time we are in NYC.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LilToasty
London
Reviewed January 29, 2011

My sister and I brought our Mum to stay at the Chelsea Pines Inn for our 4 night trip to New York in December 2010. We had organised the surprise trip for her 60th Birthday and were very impressed with all the aspects of the hotel.

Unfortunately we had experienced many delays and arrived one day later than planned, feeling pretty stressed. We were well looked after from the start to finish of our stay, even on arrival at 2am the staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. My mum delighted to be greeted with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a Birthday card from the hotel management.

Our room was a good size and we loved the uniquely decorated retro movie themed style. The bathrooms were pristine and kept immaculate.

Chelsea Pines is situated in Chelsea just round the corner from the meat-packing district and SoHo which was an excellent location for us to explore the city.

What makes this hotel unique, especially in a city like New York are the personal touches and homely feel. Everything from the breakfast of homemade bread, fresh bagels and the daily newsletter with tips on how to make the most of the city. We were also given some excellent personal recommendations on nice city walks and restaurants.

We will definitely go back to Chelsea Pines when we next visit New York and would highly recommend it as a excellent choice for anyone looking for mid range accommodation which has a personal touch and is good value for money.

• Stayed December 2010
4 Thank AmberoLondon
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This time last week it was my birthday and I spent a very happy one at the Chelsea Pines. I was very touched by their kindness and completely overwhelmed by my birthday card and the beautiful flowers left in our room.
The only fault I can possibly come up with is that I now have a very bad addiction to delicious bagels topped with peanut butter...thank goodness we could walk everywhere from the Hotel to counteract bagel damage. Everyone lovely and so helpful at the Chelsea Pines...a true home from home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ginnyann9
Rayman1
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed at the Chelsea Pines in January for 5 nights on my first trip to NY. Booked on the basis of previous Trip Advisor reports as did not want to stay in a larger and probably higher graded but probably character-less hotel in mid town. Nothing fancy but rooms clean and bathroom spotless and efficient.

Great help yourself breakfast with gigantic bagels, coffee, cereal, fruit and more to start the day. Lots of little touches that make a BIG difference. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from the owner down to the kitchen assistant and everyone had a genuine smile for you.

Location is good and although there is a subway stop only yards away - we walked everywhere! If anyone says to you that New Yorkers are abrupt and rude- this place is the antidote!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rayman1
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Chelsea Pines Inn was recommended by friend. I read the reviews, as I do with all properties when planning my vacation. After my arrival, I asked myself " Am I staying at the same property the other Tripadvisor members had stayed ?" I made my way up the stairs to a small , cheaply furnished room that had an odor that I can not quite describe.You definitely do NOT get what you pay for at Chelsea Pines Inn!! I was also greated by construction noise coming from one of the rooms. In my past experience, when a hotel is performing renovations it is generally the obligation and common courtesy of the property to inform you at the time of booking. If I had been informed of this, I would have booked elsewhere. If for some strange reason you decide to book at Chelsea Pines Inn, inquire if any construction will be taking place during your stay!! The staff at the reception desk was generally quite helpful. I understand that hotel staff should be attentive and that is appreciated. However, an individual of utter annoyance is another story. One individual in particular by the name of Troy is such an annoyance. His name could not be forgotten, understandably so, since he told me time, after time, after time and so on. A fake smile and non-genuine concern does not go quite far in my book. I felt badgered by this individual to write a review up my return home. Well, here is your review. Think twice before booking at Chelsea Pines Inn.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends