2,283 results
All reviews the high line no elevator movie posters greenwich village meatpacking district rock hudson bagels new york movie stars flights of stairs every morning subway station fifth floor fresh fruit continental breakfast small hotel location is great
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Staying at the Chelsea Pines Inns makes you feel like you are staying at a home away from home in the big apple. The staff is truly amazing and so willingly helps to make your stay very enjoyable. From the room, to the yummy breakfasts, to the gracious staff, the Chelsea Pines Inn is a great place to stay when in NYC. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcia H
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I feel like part of the masses in assigning the hotel five stars, but they earned it, what can I say. It's 4.5 for me but still really high. Checkmarks all the way around. I asked for a quiet room, got an ultra-quiet room, check. Granted it was on the 5th floor and although I feel I'm in decent shape, those stairs are steep and tall! But that brings me to the fine service, check. I had dropped my luggage off before check-in time. Not only did they store the luggage with a smile, but they had it in my room by the time I returned, saving me the trouble of carrying it up the five flights. The rest of my stay was similarly positive. Great mattress, check. Good AC and ventilation, check. Large shower with consistently hot water, check. Big enough for three, the shower looked like a recent renovation. Pleasant garden patio to enjoy a fine continental breakfast, check. The bagels are as good as you will find in NYC. Staff eager to give advice about sights and restaurants, check. They even slip a morning leaflet under your door with recommendations for dining and entertainment. Just 100 feet to a subway stop, check. The C and E lines take you directly to Penn Station, where you can catch the LIRR to Jamaica Station and the AirTrain to JFK. Or they take you to the Upper West Side. A very charming cat, check. Whose name Charlie Chaplin suits it both for the mustache and the walk. Only very minor negatives. For instance, there were just 4-6 inches between the end of the bed and the wall, making it difficult to get to the window and draw the shades, or even just look out over the beautiful garden patio. If you don't mind rolling over the bed to get to the window, you can restore the .5 points. Deserving of the recent award it earned at this site.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank bfly1
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I can't fault this lovely Inn. The accommodation is charming and extremely clean. The breakfast is excellent and the staff are very welcoming and knowledgable. The owner, Jay, made us feel like valued customers and was extremely helpful. I've stayed in several hotels in NYC, including the Waldorf, and this is certainly the best, the benchmark has been set. I'll be visiting again very soon and I know I won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Chelsea Pines Inn. We were treated great every moment. The location was perfect. Easy walking distance to the High Line, Chelsea Market and Greenwich Village.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank GloriaS2014FRG
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Chelsea Pines not only offers fabulous accommodations but they add a personality that can't be beat! It begins with a warm and friendly greeting, room assignments associated with an "old" time screen star, impeccable rooms with fun decor and a most delicious breakfast offered each morning! Least we forget the coffee, tea and sweet bread left out day and night! The charm that Jay and his staff exude makes your stay that much more delightful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family