2,275 results
All reviewsthe high lineno elevatormovie postersgreenwich villagemeatpacking districtrock hudsonbagelsnew yorkmovie starsflights of stairsevery morningsubway stationfifth floorfresh fruitcontinental breakfastsmall hotellocation is great
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My partner and I had one night to spend in NYC and I couldn't be more thankful that we spent it here. As we were checking in, the owner (Jay) invited us to a party in the garden behind the building. The wine, cheese, and charcuterie were divine, and everyone made us feel welcome and comfortable right away. Our room was extremely comfortable, with the sheets, towels and pillows suggestive of a well-off friend's guest room rather than a hotel. The staff arranged a car to take us to the airport and held our bags the next day so we could explore the neighborhood. CPI is so close to Chelsea Market and the High Line that we were able to satisfy our tourism needs in just one day. We were making plans to return before we even left. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bjc2213
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at CPI in May of this year. I looked at all the reviews and thought they were too good to be true. Not so, the staff went above and beyond our expectations, they know what customer service should be. We flew in, early flight, we were tired and needed to get our bearings. As soon as we walked through the door, we were ushered to the wonderful, did I say wonderful, breakfast buffet. Anything and everything you could want. Jay, the owner, even makes a specialty bread every weekday morning. The rooms were perfect, we even received flowers, and two coffee mugs when we left. Charlie Chaplin, the resident cat, made our stay even better. Thank you so much to all the staff at CPI, and we will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Linda B
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was my 6th visit to NYC from Sydney Australia. Always staying in larger hotels until Chelsea Pines. Can I just say this was by far my best visit and all made easier by staying in this wonder B&B. We were given the most genuine welcome, provided with a well researched list of coffee shops, restaurants/bars and local shopping, This proved invaluable.
The breakfast is amazingly good, so much to choose from and quality and freshness first class.
The staff are helpful, friendly and very diverse backgrounds. The daily news sheet delivered every morning gave us lots of ideas and hints for the day. The garden provided a sanctuary for those days when a lazy day was high on the agenda. Thank you all at Chelsea Pines.

Room Tip: Probably best to ask for a back room where we stayed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg1503
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here years ago but it is still one of my fondest hotel memories of anywhere I have ever stayed. Cute little B&B with Movie Star themed rooms, I stayed there with some friends and we loved comparing what stars room we were in-we had the Troy Donahue room. Old fashioned movie posters, great little courtyard out the back where you can have your classic US breaky of lox and bagles and coffee-New York is so hectic this place was so homey and the staff are wonderful. As a travel agent I put people in all sorts of hotels in New York but this place holds a special place in my heart. Yes the over the top expensive hotels in midtown are great but they can't beat the kitsch coolness of staying in this little oasis in the middle of the crazy that is New York. Reasonably priced for New York and central-Chelsea is a great area to stay in. Gay friendly and just so charming. You can't swing a cat in the rooms but hey this is New York that's normal. I felt so safe staying here compared to some of the dives I have stayed in New York!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank KDingle
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

A long weekend in NYC to celebrate a friends 50th birthday. We had a wonderful visit thanks to Jay and his group. Suggested all the places we needed to see and started us off every morning with a great breakfast. Can't wait to go back in the fall.

Stayed: June 2014