“Simply amazing”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #68 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at CPI in May of this year. I looked at all the reviews and thought they were too good to be true. Not so, the staff went above and beyond our expectations, they know what customer service should be. We flew in, early flight, we were tired and needed to get our bearings. As soon as we walked through the door, we were ushered to the wonderful, did I say wonderful, breakfast buffet. Anything and everything you could want. Jay, the owner, even makes a specialty bread every weekday morning. The rooms were perfect, we even received flowers, and two coffee mugs when we left. Charlie Chaplin, the resident cat, made our stay even better. Thank you so much to all the staff at CPI, and we will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Linda B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was my 6th visit to NYC from Sydney Australia. Always staying in larger hotels until Chelsea Pines. Can I just say this was by far my best visit and all made easier by staying in this wonder B&B. We were given the most genuine welcome, provided with a well researched list of coffee shops, restaurants/bars and local shopping, This proved invaluable.
The breakfast is amazingly good, so much to choose from and quality and freshness first class.
The staff are helpful, friendly and very diverse backgrounds. The daily news sheet delivered every morning gave us lots of ideas and hints for the day. The garden provided a sanctuary for those days when a lazy day was high on the agenda. Thank you all at Chelsea Pines.

Room Tip: Probably best to ask for a back room where we stayed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg1503
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here years ago but it is still one of my fondest hotel memories of anywhere I have ever stayed. Cute little B&B with Movie Star themed rooms, I stayed there with some friends and we loved comparing what stars room we were in-we had the Troy Donahue room. Old fashioned movie posters, great little courtyard out the back where you can have your classic US breaky of lox and bagles and coffee-New York is so hectic this place was so homey and the staff are wonderful. As a travel agent I put people in all sorts of hotels in New York but this place holds a special place in my heart. Yes the over the top expensive hotels in midtown are great but they can't beat the kitsch coolness of staying in this little oasis in the middle of the crazy that is New York. Reasonably priced for New York and central-Chelsea is a great area to stay in. Gay friendly and just so charming. You can't swing a cat in the rooms but hey this is New York that's normal. I felt so safe staying here compared to some of the dives I have stayed in New York!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank KDingle
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

A long weekend in NYC to celebrate a friends 50th birthday. We had a wonderful visit thanks to Jay and his group. Suggested all the places we needed to see and started us off every morning with a great breakfast. Can't wait to go back in the fall.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Artie35
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My hubby and I visited your Inn for a quick honeymoon (he has never seen NY). I wanted a quaint place that had a bed and breakfast type of feel. Chelsea Pines provided just what this honeymooner ordered.

The best feature is the customer service, 24 hours and no task is too small or took great, including carrying my 50 lb. luggage up 5 flights of stairs!! What I really enjoyed was the aesthetics. I happen to direct theater and classic movies is one of my passions. Imagine my delight to find Hollywood décor throughout each floor with each room named after a Hollywood starlet complete with movie posters. Other great features were the location, every thing you need including fabulous restaurants are within blocks away. The courtyard was lovely and the perfect place for you to enjoy coffee anytime as well as the freshest breakfast, breads, and pastries. Yes, we would go back in a heartbeat and highly recommend. One tip, if you are nt in shape for those stairs, ask for a lower level room ( :

Room Tip: No elevators, so choose your flight limit.
2  Thank Gina S
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were sure we would like Chelsea Pines Inn because we found it after an accurate search. Beautiful, trendy, informal neighbourhood: between Chelsea, Meatpacking district and the Village, a few steps from a Metro line, 5 minutes from the High Line, nice restaurants, unique shops. The Inn: a rich breakfast, very comfortable beds, a charming setting. Positive ratings everywhere. What we couldn't imagine in advance, and discovered with great pleasure, is the extreme friendliness, and helpfulness of the whole staff. The owner Jay, Louis, Rumel, just to mention some of them, really do their best to make people feel at home! We felt pampered, definitely. Great job guys!

2  Thank Enrico B
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We could not choose a better place to celebrate our 30st anniversary. Following a web advice we asked a room on the garden, it was absolutely great, quiet. We were on 4th floor but we dit not care, we were so glad to come "back home" every nigths. We really felt like home at Chelsea Pines Inn.
A very welcoming staff, nice, attentive, as efficient as discrete, you can ask them whatever you want or need, they'll do their best to satisfy you : we love them all, from Jay to Charlie :-))
Room is confortable, nice, well equipped (iron, safe, fridge, hair dryer...) well decorated and very very clean (the all place is quite clean).
A day at Chelsea Pines Inn starts with a delicious and generous breakfast in the kitchen or in the garden, (thank you Jay for your delicious fresh breads), reading the Chelsea Morning. When you come back you can rest in the garden with fresh drink and some snack, after you shared your NYC experience with someone at the lobby.
Everything is meant to make you feel well and happy, a lot of details give class and gentleness to this place : flowers in your room upon arrival, a welcoming handwritten note and the day before you leave a little surprise, come and you'll see.
And of course, the inn is very well located, closed to the Highline, Chelsea Market, subway, a very nice and lively district, full of restaurants, bars, gallery and nice streets.
And please don't put bad rating because of the stairs, it's healthy, really.
If we come back in NYC we'll stay again at Chelsea Pines Inn, where else ?
Thank you Jay and everybody at Chelsea Pines Inn, take care.

Room Tip: ask a room on the garden
1  Thank DGinNYC