“Wonderful place to spend my birthday!”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #56 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Wonderful place to spend my birthday!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Chelsea is located in a fantastic part of NY and has a beautiful garden and kitchen facility. Also, I noticed at some hotels they love to give you an expensive looking room but the place just isn't scrubbed and clean. This place really cleaned their bathrooms nicely.

I really liked how much character it had but what really made it for me was the service, they were incredibly thoughtful and friendly. I happened to mention to one member of the staff that I was going to a birthday dinner and when I got back to my room in the evening, I had such a lovely surprise from the staff!

It really made me feel special and was such a wonderful end to the day. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kat C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oberrohrdorf
Reviewed April 22, 2013

you guys are amazing! location is perfect, close to nice restaurants, the subway and the beautiful greenwich village! staff is very friendly, charming and helpful with everything you want! we will come back for sure, there's no better place to stay in nyc.

1 Thank RetoVoser
Sitges, Spain
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and daughter spent a week in NY for tourism and shopping and based on Trypadvisor booked in Chelsea Pines Inn, the experience was great, located in a very convenient place with a nice set up of the rooms and the best was a very nice attidute of all the staff of the hotel. everything was settled promptly and efficient.

New Holstein, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First trip to NYC for my wife, so we chose Chelsea Pines due to the many positive reviews!
I have traveled quite a lot over the years. I have found this place to be a nice change of pace from the larger hotels uptown or the other dispassionate lay-your-head-down operations in the city.
One way I have found over the years to get the sense of place is to say, “Yes, it is my first visit here and what would you recommend.” From here it doesn't take long to measure up a place or the staff that runs it. I found them to be knowledgeable, honest, and helpful…very much the genuine article!
Chelsea Pines Inn does live up to the many expectations given from previous reviews, and that takes very special people to make that happen week in and week out!
It is simply in the details and customer attentiveness that Chelsea Pines separates it from the rest, and I would say that comes from the excellent hiring choices made by the owner.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our week at this fantastic and friendly hotel with its wonderful staff. Family feeling and always a nice word and caring questions. Unexpected services are for example the nice breakfast (and it's included in the room rate) and the "office room" with possibilities to surf on the internet and even use the printer, all for free. Free wifi on the rooms, of course. Most af all we enjoyed the atmosphere. We will never choose another hotel in NYC.

2 Thank spaden
Bristol
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a Wonderful Stay In This Very Friendly Hotel.
Our 1st Time In NY, Celebrating My 60th Bday.
The Owner, Jay And The Entire Team Were Extremely Welcoming
And Very Helpful Indeed...They Went out of their way to make us feel
At Home.
The Room was very clean and comfortable, the breakfasts delicious.
Jay and his staff have created a brilliant ambience.
I was Very Touched By The Card And Red Roses Which Appeared in our room.
The Chelsea Pines Inn Is The Only Place To Stay In NY....I can't recommend it highly enough.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were very happy to find this hotel via Trip Advisor. We read so much good stuff about Chelsea Pines Inn, that it was hard to believe it is all true. But, after staying in the hotel for a full week with the whole family (5 persons) I have to admit. No lies, no hidden facts in the ratings.
It already started the moment when we arrived. From the very first moment, we felt at home: A very friendly welcome by the receptionist, fresh beverages after a long trip from Belgium and sombody carrrying our luggage to our rooms. The handwritten post-card welcoming our family to the hotel and suggesting how the hotel staff could make our stay in NY the best, together with a nice bouguet of fresh white roses was found in our room. Really appreciated! Small things that really makes the difference. The rooms are nicely decorated with film posters, each room with its own character. Our 3 kids (20, 18 and 17) stayed in a suite for 3 persons (plenty of space), we stayed in a smaller 2 person room. Good quality beds, clean and practical rooms equipped with airconditioning and TV. Free WIFI is available in the rooms. At the second floor, a business center with 2 PC's is available. Hairdryers, conversion plugs, umbrellas, ... all available at the reception.
The hotel is very well located in the Meatpacking district of NY. Only 2 minutes walking to the nearest subway station and between central park and wall street (close to all NY attactions). I assumed Time Square was the place to be, but after staying here, I can guarantee: Chelsea Pines Inn is the best location for your stay in NY. Surrounded by plenty restaurants, so you don't have to take the subway after a nice dinner on walking distance from your bed. The hotel staff will help you picking out the resto you need, help to book (and select) a Broadway musical, make suggestions which visits to combine,... The reception is always staffed. Not only Jay (the owner) but all hotel employees did the utmost to make our stay at 'their' hotel to a super experience for the whole family. If we wome back to the big apple, we will stay at Chelsea Pines Inn!
The breakfast served the whole morning is excellent too. A rich variation in bread, corn flakes, fruit, yoghurts, tea, coffee, espresso, fruit-juice,... Each day freshly baked muffins, bagels, and the famous bread of the day (each day different e.g. nuts, chocolat & banana), fresh cheeses and meats, eggs,... Too much and all fresh and good! During the day, a small selection of beverages and sweets were available.
Thanks to the recommandations of the hotel people, we could do much more than originally schedeuled. Many thanks!! Hope to come back to soon.
This is a kind of hotel one wants to keep for himself and not sharing with others ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for the suite if your 3 kids have to share a single room. Two separated rooms with a common entr...