“The reviews are all true!”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #63 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We love the Chelsea area, and always seem to stay here when we're in New York. This was our first time at the Chelsea PInes. As far as convenience, it couldn't have been easier...there is a parking garage on the same block where we deposited our car, and a subway stop on the corner. We were in town for the US Open, so we took the train to Queens every day, and used it to explore a little more of the city than we're used to seeing. We bought a week pass for under $30 each, and when we checked out we gave it to the front dest to give to another traveler since it was good for another couple of days. We tried to check in early, but our room wasn't ready, so we had lunch and came back. An added bonus was that they put our bags in the room for us (it is a walk up) so I didn't have to lug my suitcase up the stairs. The room was tiny, but fine for the amount of time that we spent in it. The breakfast area was nice, and the breakfast was better than most...fresh baked goods, fresh fruit, etc. Service was wonderful, especially liked meeting Jay, the owner, and Jubel at the front desk was great and very helpful. Charlie, the cat, was wonderfully stand-offish, as cats are, and reminded me of my cats at home. We look forward to staying at Chelsea Pines again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VTDaisyGirl
Write a ReviewReviews (2,166)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

For so many reasons, this is THE place to stay in New York City. In short, the staff are top-notch and friendly; service is above and beyond; breakfast and snacks are excellent; rooms are very clean and tasteful; the sunroom and garden are a nice addition; and the location is perfect with 1-block access to the subway and within walking distance so many of the cool spots and must-sees in NYC.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Jay, the charming and super personable owner. On top of the wonderful welcome, he informed us that he automatically upgraded us to a larger room (the Anne Margaret room). My boyfriend and I visited in early February from Austin, so it was the low season. We arrived a little after they were serving breakfast but they immediately put everything out again. I was craving the best NY bagel and we got it at Chelsea Pines Inn.

We were upgraded to another room (Lee Remmick room had an extra day bed) for the rest of our stay without extra charge, after I informed them that a friend was going to stay with us for one night. Jay really went above and beyond because he did not have to do that.

After staying out late the first night, we were elated to see Charlie Chaplin, the cute cat with a mustache! On top of that, it was great that we still had access to drinks and snacks after getting in late. We ate our breakfast the next morning outside in the garden in the snow!

This place really is home away from home. Stay here and easily fall in love with NYC.

PS. If you like singing in the shower, the bathrooms here have great acoustics. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank underthemaysky
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed here 2 times so far and I will be back often. It's a charming hotel, very comfortable and I love the location. It's convenient for meetings uptown because of the subway a few steps away. And in the evenings for dining and Jazz clubs a few blocks away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Danny K
Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment I arrived at CPI on Christmas evening I knew I was going to enjoy staying here !

It was my second trip to NYC, my first at Chelsea Pines but won’t be my last !
What makes this place so fantastic is the staff !! They make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble or an effort.

I was visiting for New Years eve celebrations with a group of friends from Australia, and every morning we woke to a newsletter under the door with ideas on for how to spend the day in NYC, weather and restaurant recommendations.

We were greeted every morning by the wonderful Troy, Anna and Rumel and the smell of warm bread and bagels was a wonderful start to the day. Breakfast in the conservatory watching the snow fall and planning the day was just relaxing !

The room’s are furnished with great detail and each one unique in the theme of a Hollywood star !

Perfect location with the subway approx 400 m away, my tip would be to get the $29 subway ticket which you can use for 7 days great way to get around NYC.

Great location all within a couple of mins to Chelsea market, High Line, Soho, Greenwich Village.
You will not be disappointed in fact if you were to stay anywhere else you would be missing out !!

Can’t wait to visit again sometime soon !

Disappointed we didn’t get to meet the owner Jay but the fantastic team he has working alongside him truly made the stay memorable !

Great work CPI – See Y’all very soon

Ange xx

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank angiek76
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The best place perhaps across the world to spend a holiday. The staffs are really amazing and really helpful. Had a trip out there. The location is awesome. One thing can't forget and that's the amazing hospitality and great breakfast that I had there. Simply I didn't go for lunch after having the heavy breakfast. A sweat dish indeed! Thumbs up guys.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas_A484
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our third time returning to Chelsea Pines Inn, so a review is well overdue! We first came here, cued by the great reviews in Tripadvisor, but I was still a little worried, not knowing what to expect.
Jay and his staff are so warm and welcoming! They really get to know you
and give you recommendations for restaurants and maps of the lovely area.

Our rooms have always been so clean with lots of space and beautifully decorated. I LOVE that every room has the theme of an old movie actor or actress!

Breakfast is included in the deal and there is a great spread from meats, cheeses, fruit, pastries and New York bagels of course!

They remember us every time we return and are part of our lovely vacations to the most wonderful city in the world! I love this hotel :-)

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Tarasedor
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have been staying here for the last 13 years, it was the first and only hotel in NYC that we will stay in. This place is so great. Can't fault it at all. Nice rooms, very friendly and helpfull staff. Great location. A home from home.

• Stayed: January 2013