“Ideal.”

Ranked #56 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Ideal.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My girlfriend and myself stayed here at the end of November/ start of December. From beginning to end, the experience was an absolute joy. The room we stayed in (Susan Hayward), was clean, well stocked and relatively spacious. The staff always had a smile and were extremely helpful.The breakfast (included) was the perfect fuel for a day traversing this hectic city. It's location is ideal to explore the city without having to reside right in the thick of it. The Subway station is right beside the hotel which is perfect whether going up or downtown. We even received a parting gift from the owner. Would reccommend the hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DamnK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Spent a long weekend with my 19 year old daughter in NYC and stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn. We picked the Chelsea Pines because of its location (Chelsea, Meatpacking District & the village all in walking distance) and because of some nice reviews we'd read on TripAdvisor. What a wonderful place it turned out to be. I'm a clean freak, and the hotel was spotless and nicely appointed. The free wireless internet worked beautifully, and the included breakfast was fabulous -- juice, coffee, fresh pastries, meats, cheeses, yogurt, cereals, home-baked breads, and more. Everyone on staff was warm and welcoming from our first day to our last. Anna and Troy helped us with restaurant suggestions, directions, reservations, and even printed a rather large business contract that came in for me within a couple of hours of arriving at the hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend, and I plan to stay at the Chelsea again next time I'm in town. It's my new "go to" place for a great weekend in the city. Tip for travelers: this is a 5 floor walkup, so if you're over a certain age, you might want to avoid the steps and ask for a room on one of the lower levels. I was glad I did. Great inn, great location, great staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank LMC303
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have been to NYC and the 2nd time I have stayed at CPI.

It wont be the last!

We had a group of 5 travel to NYC with 4 staying at CPI and one near Herald Square. During our stay the comment back from the one staying at Herald Square was "I wish I booked Chelsea Pines, the area and staff are just lovely"!

So to the review, from the moment you walk in the door you are sincerely welcomed and the staff will go out if their way to make you feel at home. I now call them my American family. That's how nice they are!
The rooms are smallish but comfortable but hey it's NYC and that's normal. There is a subway station about 300m away so it's extremely convenient and its just far enough away from the real crowded tourist traps of NYC. The rooms are quiet and you will get a good night sleep.
CPI put on a great breakfast and whilst it usually ends at 11am the staff are more than happy to let you peruse the section of food after this time. This comes in handy if you happen to have a big night and have slept in.
Overall this is a great place to stay so make CPI part of your itinerary and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Chris S
Virginia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've found our home away from home in NYC at the Chelsea Pines Inn.

This was our third stay three years in a row. No complaints.

The staff - outstanding. Willing to help with anything. Friendly, and outgoing with great local tips. Do listen to their restaurant tips. They recommend some amazing places where you'll be the only tourist in the restaurant surrounded by locals.

The location - can't be beat. Close to the A,C,E, 1,2,3, L, and even BDFM and 456 subway lines. It's Manhattan and nothing is too far away, especially with the subway right out the door!

The value - terrific. You can't beat the value. Decent room sizes. We've stayed in smaller rooms in years past but for the past 2 years have stayed in the Deluxe which we like just fine. I highly recommend it. Walking up to the 5th floor is never a challenge. They provide a great free breakfast. The mimosas and salmon offered around New Years every morning were great!

There are no complaints with the CPI or its staff. They are the best of the best and we look forward to more future stays here when visiting our home away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VTJedi
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I really want to be able to rave about this place, as others have done.
Don't get me wrong, for value and location, this place is great! Chelsea, Meatpacking and the Highline are all close by, and I enjoyed staying in this area so much more than in Midtown. The proximity to the subway was also a plus, as it made it so easy to get around.
We stayed on the third floor, which was a bit of a pain to walk up esp after doing so much walking around the city each day, but which was made up for by the cool view from our window. We had plenty of space in our room (this differs massively from my other NYC hotel experiences), and the decor was clean and tasteful.
The staff were generally polite, though not really friendly, and I found myself wondering why, when so many others have raved about the friendly service here.
Maybe it was because we did not take advantage of the free breakfasts most mornings, but hey, I believe when you are visiting somewhere like NYC you should take advantage of all of the amazing eating places available, so we ate out for breakfast (Clinton St Bakery, Balthazar, Sarabeth's, etc). Did this prevent us from meeting with some staff personally? Or were we just not the kind of guests they preferred?
Everything at the Chelsea Pines Inn was very satisfactory, don't get me wrong, but reading the other reviews, I can't help but think we missed out on something, for whatever reason...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tych0Brahe
Sydney
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Really comfortable rooms, fantastic helpful staff, wonderful included breakfast and terrific location. We sayed for 4 nights with friends and the hotel was just what we needed - a great little hotel! Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GEM48
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Chelsea Pines Inn during November 2012, travelling to NYC to run the NY Marathon and to get married.
Every single staff member at the Chelsea Pines Inn made our stay a complete pleasure, nothing was too much for this team including our last minute request to use the atrium for our wedding ceremony - our plans for a Central Park wedding changed after a snow storm saw a closure of the park.
Chelsea Pines Inn could not have been more accommodating, they set out platters of food, champagne, beautifully arranged the room for our special day and made our guests - most of whom had travelled from Australia - most welcome. They caused the closure of the park for us into a positive, providing the perfect setting for a great day and very special memories.
We would also like to highlight some key features we believe sets the Chelsea Pines Inn apart from other hotels in the neighborhood;
- delicious breakfast, excellent variety of fresh foods and Nespresso coffee.
- knowledgeable, genuine and personable staff always able and willing to provide excellent reccomendations.
- clean and comfortable rooms and facilities including the business centre.
- a personalised service we have not come across before, genuine interest in guests in trying to make their stay as enjoyable as possible.
A special thanks to owner Jay who went out of his way to ensure our special day went off without a hitch!
Thanks Chelsea Pines Inn, hopefully see you next time we attempt the New York Marathon!!!
Tomahawks