“Warm and welcoming in a Hurricane”
Review of Chelsea Pines Inn

Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #44 of 467 Hotels in New York City
CT
“Warm and welcoming in a Hurricane”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was in NY spending a few very special days when Hurricane Sandy hit-- I had heard it was coming but somehow did not really think through what this might mean in actuality for my trip.

If you have heard that people in NY can be a bit cold or it can be a tough city, think again- NOT at Chelsea Pines.
From the moment I stepped inside and checked in, I first fell in love with the hotel ,and second fell in love with the staff...Troy could not have been sweeter, kinder, more helpful or all around more pleasant. I felt like we had been long time friends. Throughout my stay, Jay and his staff made everyone of us weathering the storm feel safe, welcome, and absolutely 100% accomodated. We all drank wine and ate delicious food and felt like one big family- a home away from home indeed.

Storm or not- Chelsea Pines is the place to be- it is truly a diamond in the rough and one of a kind place to stay- once you come, you will be a friend and have a special place to visit forever. Everything was wonderful- the breakfast in the morning was Divine, the staff and their friendliness and genuine eagerness to help was uncomparable and felt So good! Truly this is a place that puts you at ease-- if you want to find the best spots to visit, they wll help--and the rooms are immaculate, super clean, and adorable-the bathrooms are GREAT! Just a treat

I could not recommend Chelsea Pines any more than I do! If you're looking for a warm and cozy, unique home away from home, and still want all the comforts of a luxury hotel- Look no further!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel in October for a few nights. It was my wife's first time visiting NYC so I wanted to make sure that we were in a great location. The Inn is located in the heart of Chelsea with access to great restaurants and sights nearby. It also offers very convenient access to subways to take you wherever you need to go. The hotel was very comfortable and the breakfast was simple, yet very well done. The staff was extremely friendly and understanding. Al took forty-five minutes during a busy time of the day to make sure we were comfortable getting around. He also made some time-saving suggestions that helped us to maximize our time looking around. We will return.

Room Tip: No elevator so make sure to plan on staying on a lower floor if you have any issues with stairs.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in October while she was visiting local colleges. Wow - what a find! This is now our New York hotel of choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Every day they put together a list of suggested outings based on current events. They also provided a written guide for nearby restaurants, and will help you decide on the best choice for your preferences. There's a 24-hour Cuban place that was outstanding, two blocks away. The inn is one block from the subway and a block or so the other direction to the stunning High Line park and Chelsea Market. The rooms are cozy (read small), but comfortable, clean, and very quiet. They even have a back patio and garden to enjoy in the warmer months. The complimentary breakfast is a great deal. This is the perfect hotel in the perfect location to enjoy all that New York City has to offer without breaking the budget. Jay, the owner, even took a personal interest in my daughter's college search. And Charlie the cat the made us feel right at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RoseCityTraveler543
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in November and had a great time. The guys could not haver been more friendly and helpful. Location is great and they make very helpful suggestions of stuff to do in a newsletter every morning. Rooms are comfortable and fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ns247
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here for five nights last month. Forget about enormous soulless hotels and stay at Chelsea Pines Inn - the location is top drawer and the staff are outstanding. There are loads of great places to eat and drink locally. Give the guys behind the desk an idea of what you want to do and they'll come up trumps - their recommendations didn't miss a beat. The metro is just down the street but there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Steer clear of the usual tourist traps further north at night and hang around here - this area is a great retreat of an evening. The rooms are comfortable, well serviced and clean (if you need a 42" plasma in the room on a trip to NYC, you're doing something wrong) and don't be put off by the absence of a lift, there are some great guys to do the heavy lifting for you.
This place goes to a lot of effort to make sure you enjoy your stay. The complimentary breakfast, cookies and coffee are a lovely touch.
We're going back, that's all there is to it.

2 Thank MarkandDebC
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chelsea Pines in late September to celebrate our anniversary. Our stay was so enjoyable that we have rebooked for February. The staff and customer service way exceeds any other hotel I've ever stayed. Jay knew it was our anniversary and I had a vase of roses put in our room. It was so sweet and thoughtful.
The hotel location is fanstastic. The rooms are fairly large and well kept. It feels more like a quaint B&B than a hotel. The atmosphere is fun and laid back. If you need a snack or a glass of wine you just go downstairs to the little kitchen and help yourself!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sherry North room, which faces the back courtyard. I was a nice size room and very...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wonderlust1002
Mataro, Catalonia, Spain
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I totally recommend this hotel. It is our second time at this hotel and in this case was to celebrate our honeymoon. The staff is especially attentive. Help for any questions on the city. The hotel is central, safe and very well decorated. The rooms are cleaned every day. The breakfast is great, everything is there! Fruit, pastries, coffee (Nespresso), ... super complete! Not hesitate to choose this hotel for your stay in the city.