2,273 results
All reviewsthe high lineno elevatormovie postersgreenwich villagemeatpacking districtrock hudsonbagelsnew yorkmovie starsflights of stairsevery morningsubway stationfifth floorfresh fruitcontinental breakfastsmall hotellocation is great
Reviewed October 1, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door, to be told leave your bags come and have a hot or cold drink you can check in a bit later, to being escorted to our taxi with our bags carried by one of Jay's attentive staff we both knew we had chosen an excellent hotel in one of our favourite districts of New York.We had the Susan Hayward room on the first floor with a great bathroom and comfy bed.The breakfast room and garden, and the fresh food helped kick start the day,and the daily newspaper gave us all the information we needed to choose places to visit or dine in.
As Arnie once said, WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigdaveEssex
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife stayed in mid September. Jay, the owner, and all of his staff were friendly and helpful during our stay. The complimentary breakfast is fantastic. The courtyard out back is a perfect spot for coffee or a glass of wine in the afternoon. The location of this "inn" is truly fantastic. A half a block from a subway station, half a block to Chelsea Market. Numerous great restaurants within an easy walk. We will be back !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been staying at Chelsea Pines Inn for over 10 years when I visit NYC for work or pleasure; in fact I only stay somewhere else if they are full and then even try to rearrange my trip to make sure that they can fit me in. It is an amazing place; my' home away from home'. The staff are so warm and friendly, the place is spotlessly clean, rooms cozy and comfortable and the breakfast second to none. If you want an oasis of charm in this brash, busy city then stay here - unless they are sold out due to their huge popularity.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights on the second floor and we were very happy with the room. It was so clean and cosy, but with a modern bathroom.
The staff were the best thing about this hotel, they went out of their way to recommend sights, restaurants, bars. They even do up a daily newspaper with the weather and information and slide it under your door in the morning!
The breakfast is amazing and plentiful. I loved the fresh croissants.
We got engaged during our stay and when we got home there was a handwritten congratulations card and little gift. It was like staying with family.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed in a room on the second floor. It was warm out so the air conditioning unit was on and it spewed out this horrible mold smel. We said something to the guy at the front desk but he was too busy to look up from his computer to even acknowledge our issue. He did tell us they were all booked up and what did we want him to do about it. GEE, how about show some compasion or even say " I am sorry." We had to put up with the smell for two nights in a row. THe last night i turned off the air unit and opened the windows to let the cool fresh air in and that made the romm bearable. When we got in from shopping that day the guy at the front desk said OH by the way I went up to your room and it is better. I told him of couse it is i took care of the isse myself.

DO yourselves a favor and pay the money to stay in a place where the staff cares about their client and at least makes a token efffort to acknowlege the issues. NOt to mention the showers don't drain well and you stand in water and the whole bathoom is so tight that you can't even move around without banging into the walls.

The worst part of all was after we complained, the front desk staff did not great us when we walked in the front door. IF you have allergies like I do, I suggest you stay away from this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
15  Thank Tim H
CPINY, Owner at Chelsea Pines Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

From Jay Lesiger
Owner, Chelsea Pines Inn

We were extremely sorry that these guests were unhappy with their stay. They had booked and paid for a single room, which is described as a small room and being best for one person. I personally welcomed them when they arrived early on their first morning, providing them with maps, guides, restaurant and bar lists, and pointed out some of the more interesting sights of our neighborhood.

After they made us aware of their unhappiness with their room the next day, we did everything in our power to make things right, including a complete refreshment of the room. We also offered to move them to another, larger room at no extra cost, on two separate occasions, but they chose not to. No comment was ever made to us about a problem with the shower or their bathroom. We also gave them a personal note of apology and a vase of flowers as an indication of our concern about any inconvenience that they had experienced.

We take great pride at Chelsea Pines in providing clean, comfortable rooms, and the best possible service to every one of our guests. A guest complaint is always dealt with immediately and with great concern, and I stand behind the fact that I have one of the best, friendliest, most courteous and professional staffs in New York. Everyone is greeted, often by name, and I am sincerely sorry that these guests did not feel that they experienced the usual high level of service and comfort that they expected and were entitled to.