Chelsea Pines Inn
$316
$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$236
$205
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
  • Pool
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$152
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Breakfast included
2,217 results
All reviewsthe high lineno elevatormovie postersgreenwich villagemeatpacking districtdaily newsletterrock hudsonbagelsnew yorkmovie starsflights of stairsevery morningsubway stationthe meat packing districthome from homefifth floorrestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was my 6th business trip to NY and this was by far the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff at the Chelsea Pines Inn are very friendly and outgoing. They even had a wine and cheese party for all of their guests. The beds are comfy, and the rooms were very clean. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. The owners, Jay and Tom, and all the staff are great, very helpful and personable. As busy as the streets are, as soon as you walk in it is quiet. The patio in the back is nice for breakfast. Every morning a newsletter comes under the door with ideas of what to do, many off the beaten path. On Thursday they had a wonderful late afternoon get together for guests and staff. The Inn's location is perfect, near the High Line. Chelsea Market, lots of restaurants, subway. Be sure and check out Jay's wardrobe of glasses......not to be missed!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We've stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn every year for the last 4 years and each and every time has been so good that we keep going back.
The management have an uncanny ability when selecting staff as we have never had a bad experience. Every employee we have encountered has always been more than willing to help whether we need subway directions, shopping tips, restaurant recommendations, help carrying luggage or have simply run out of toiletries, the folks at Chelsea Pines Inn have hand-picked a wonderful team.
Rooms are always clean, well stocked with quality toiletries and bedding and quiet. If you've forgotten something from home (toothpaste, hair dryer, etc), they're always able to help.
The fantastic accommodations and staff are complemented by easy access to public transport, with multiple different subway lines within a block of the hotel. 14th Street is also a main subway station, so it is easy to access express transport for trips uptown or to the boroughs. The location is great as it is also within a walk or subway ride (depending on your mood) to many lovely restaurants and shopping districts.
Complimentary breakfast is another bonus, especially given that it is available for a longer time compared to most other hotels we've stayed in, so if you're an early riser or enjoy a sleep-in, you need not miss out. Fresh coffee, tea and cookies are always available too.
Every time we've come to planning our trip to NYC, we ask ourselves if we should try a new location, but keep coming back to Chelsea Pines Inn because we cannot fault it in any way.
We would recommend Chelsea Pines Inn in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Jay (the owner) and his staff really run a really special place! Even before booking at the Chelsea Pines, Daniel's quick attention and thorough answers to my numerous e-mails full of questions went above and beyond in my opinion.
When we arrived, it was Daniel behind the desk and he knew exactly who we were, welcomed us like we were family, checked us in and carried my luggage up to our room. (The bowl of chocolate at the front desk was a great touch too!)
Each room is named after a movie star and I'm sure ours was chosen purposefully as we were in the Donna Reed room and my name is Donna! The room was cozy and had it's own personality. Each of the 22 rooms is different and not cookie cutter in any way. Another thing I loved about the hotel.
Each morning we enjoyed a breakfast of bagels, muffins, toast, fruit etc. in the outdoor courtyard or the sunroom. Each a quiet and enjoyable place to fuel up before a big day in Manhattan!
Once ready for the day, Jay, Al, Troy, Daniel or Betty (all at the front at one time or another) would go out of their way to suggest places to go, things to do, or give you directions, or really anything you need. We were very happy with all the ideas and suggestions we were given and thanks to Jay's info about the musical "Hair" I was even able to fulfill a dream of being able to dance and sing on a Broadway stage!
These kinds of personal touches are what made our stay at the Chelsea Pines fabulous and on the top of my list for hotel stays. I will definitely return to the hotel and would (and have) recommend it to anyone looking for a unique and personalized stay in New York City!

1  Thank purplegirl65
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed in a single room bought off Expedia using the Manager special for $189. Stayed 4 nights. Rooms are small and the washroom is t-i-n-y. It was about one-third the space of a regular hotel room. Keep in mind that this is New York City and space is at a premium. We certainly didn't mind because the reason why you're going to want to stay here is for the service. Complimentary breakfast.

Concierge was oh so helpful in giving us ideas of things to do. Never been to New York and with the help of Trip Advisor, the concierge and the maps he provided us, we were very satisfied at the end of the trip that we had accomplished everything that we wanted in New York City.

Tips:

1. Use the subway to get to the hotel. I specifically flew into JFK airport to minimize the number of transfers. From JFK, you take a Sky Train to Jamaica Station ($5). Then from Jamaica Station, you take the E train to the 14th Street subway station ($2.25). I would highly recommend you figure out how often you plan on riding the subway (which depends on how long you're staying). We bought the 7-day unlimited pass for $29 each.

2. If you like high-end shopping, I can't help you. If you like shopping at discount places, I highly recommend you check out a store called Century 21. We stumbled upon this place while waiting for our World Trade Center Ground Zero tour to start. If you walk in, I guarantee you will buy something. We spent our Canadian customs quota of $800 in the first 30 minutes. Be warned: it's crazy busy --- like Boxing Day crazy for all the Canadians reading this. Take the A or C train DOWNTOWN and get off at Fulton St. I think you can take the E train too. Website: http://www.c21stores.com/manhattan/

3. Nordstrom Rack is also within walking distance but you can subway it too from the 14th Street subway station (L line). Head East and the Nordstrom Rack is at Union Square. IMHO, Nordstrom Rack is nothing compared to Century 21. Shop here only if you want to kill time.

4. Since you're staying at Chelsea, consider doing the Harbor City Sunset cruise. You can Trip Advisor it and make your own decision. I only recommend it because it sails out of Chelsea Piers which is within walking distance from the hotel.

5. If you like Iron Chef and don't mind spending extra $$$ for the novelty of eating at an Iron Chef's restaurant, consider eating at Morimoto. We had 2 non-alcoholic beverages ($7 each), 1 lunch bento box ($25), 1 ramen noodle ($15) and 1 angry chicken ($18). Total was $100 with tip. It's expensive but I thought it was very good.

In summary, I'm very glad we stayed at this hotel for our first trip to New York. Navigating the city could have been very daunting, but as it turns out, not an issue as the concierge was so helpful. Price and service were top-notch. Hotel is located in Chelsea which is a cool neighbourhood and easy access to transit.

5 stars.