WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Scammers and the most disgusting place you'll ever be in” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Central Park Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Central Park Inn
New York City, New York
“Scammers and the most disgusting place you'll ever be in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

To all those who have been there I'm sure they agree with me. BTW they changed their name to central park inn don't let them fool you. Definitely the worst place you'll stay in while visiting New York or any city for that matter. I walked in to a disgusting studio I uploaded photos of the state I found it in given that I paid for cleaning fee. I haven't slept a day at that place nor will I ever pass by it. I hope this will be of value to anyone who would ever consider staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank MASU_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Had to stay here one night when some other plans fell through about a year ago. These people are scammers. They told me one price over the phone and then raised it when I got there. The clerk tried to ask for a big tip after he grabbed my bag up the stairs without asking. Just pay for a cheap hotel instead.

Also this is not in a great neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
8 Thank Echo2006

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed at this hostel for 4 nights, Good location, near to the subway and places to eat aswell as newsagents close, also close to the road where Starbucks coffee is!!!

I would come back again!! as its very good value for money!!.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mark_D010
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Friends were visiting the US and we met in New York and stayed here for three nights. I hadn't stayed in a backpackers for many years so had to align my expectations. It seemed ok for a backpackers - usual things of rooms being very tight, window rattlers for airconditioning, I had a shared bathroom and other family had a two bed ensuite. The place seemed clean enough and staff were helpful with local directions. The Hostel is a short walk to delicatessens and other little local food shops and bars up on Columbus and Amsterdam and just a few steps away from subway stop which was perfect for our purpose of getting out and seeing the city. Overall it did the job for staying somewhere cheaper than I would nornally do but will probably be staying in a hotel or vrbo place next time in NY.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank GoCrows123
Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

This hostel has bed bugs which was an extremely expensive mistake for us.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
22 Thank Budgetraveler8
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed 2 nights around new years 2 years ago and then in may last year. Considering we booked relatively late (close to new years), I was surprised that we could get affordable accommodation around new years eve. I was satisfied with the 6 bed dorms, they were a little cramped, but as expected for price, and it wasn't unbearable.

The second time we stayed we booked a private 2 bed room. This was much nicer and well priced too. Much more comfortable and roomy. I suggest this if you are willing to fork out a little more.

The staff were great. The place has character. The facilities work. It was reasonably clean. Not much else you can ask for I suppose!

Room Tip: Depends what you are looking for...
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank cfrancisl
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Well first of all, don't bring guests back to this hostel - if only to straighten their hair haha! The manager nearly beat down our bedroom door at 2 in the morning to throw our friends out, he then was after a $20 fee to have overnight guests. It was all rather terrifying but quite hilarious too!

The receptionists are lovely, the cleaners need to learn how to crack a smile. The rooms were pretty small but beds were comfy.

It is pretty much in Harlem and kind of scary when wondering round at night. Takes a while to get to all the main attractions but very close the Central Park and that was where our best days were spent.

We got woken up by the wretched pigeons in the morning and could hear the drunks singing at night - I quite enjoyed that though!

I'd probably go back though; if they'd have me ahahah!

Then again - when we were leaving, at about 4 in the morning, some scary homeless guy walked in (no one was on reception, and he actually had a key to let himself into the rest of the hostel.) I mean, it's nice that they let them into the warm but this character looked really scary and threatening!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends