“Actually a very nice stay”
Review of The Gracie Inn

and 1 more site!
The Gracie Inn
Ranked #59 of 77 New York City B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Actually a very nice stay”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The manager was fantastic. He had a crib ready for us and waited until our arrival for check in at 6 pm. The room was clean and perfect for the bike tour with a kitchen included. Given space constraints for NYC it is exactly what I would have expected. Great choice and location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank icudoc1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is so nice and clean. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and it was wonderful. The staff were nice and the breakfast was really good. The room was really clean as well and the attention i received was great.

Room Tip: This hotel is great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked directly with the hotel due to it's location. I was visiting a friend who lived just a block away so I took a chance. The staff is very nice and friendly although I was staying for just one night by myself so I didn't need much attention. Breakfast arrived exactly when I requested. The studio room on the fourth floor was clean and nice but it needs updating, particularly the kitchen and bathroom. It is on a safe street but the room is definitely not soundproof. I'm used to a quiet, suburban setting where I live but I didn't expect the same for the Upper East Side--bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Loud people outside about 3 a.m. and then the hotel noises started about 8 a.m.--it is an old building and you can hear people easily as well as the elevator. Yes, there was a hair dryer and iron in the room--in the kitchen cabinet. Overall, I'm glad I stayed there and would consider staying again. It's New York City--it's all about tradeoffs!

Room Tip: If you have a choice, a higher room would probably be quieter although I was on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Old style Inn with class. Some rooms look more like dorm rooms with kitchenette but overall it was a nice hotel. Did not do breakfast.would need service to be mOre Attentive, but overall a very nice stay

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel looked really nice on the website but the reality was a huge disappointment. The rooms were cramped, the furniture was old, the banister was loose, the carpet looked dirty, the cooker didn't work, under the bed was dirty, the fold down bed was old and rusty. The hotel is not staffed in the evening and we got no response from the contact phone number. We checked out the following day and had the inconvenience and expense of finding another hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank glasgowsouthside
dsasse, General Manager at The Gracie Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Our confirmations clearly states our office is not open 24 hours a day.
My cell phone is one the phone in the room, the office door and the front door of the hotel.
We spoke to them the next day and told them that we had no missed calls and no voice mails but, they made up their minds that they wanted to leave. We wished them well and waived the early departure fee. Honestly, their were 5 women and only one bathroom (which is clearly stated on our website) We at the hotel think that their budget just was not realistic when they reserved their room.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Osaka, Japan
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Beware on booking on third party websites, advertised "free" parking is first come first serve street parking. The hotel itself doesn't have it's own reserved space. Also, we thought we booked a room with one bed and a pull out sleeper sofa. Hotel called to confirm reservation a few days prior to arrival and when questioned about the room we thought we originally booked wasn't what the hotel has us booked for. The lady at the desk was more than courteous and helpful and explained that the hotel gets a lot of mix up with third party bookings. I was about to cancel the reservation due to parking and the room situation and what the hotel has is booked for, a Queen Studio didn't suit my needs. The same lady on the phone was able to move around other guests to fit me comfortably. Also directed me to a website where I can find parking garages around the area. Although not free, the extra information was helpful. Overall, hotel location is great. Nice quite neighborhood. Clean room & breakfast was tasteful. The price for location isn't bad either. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Book direct rather than third party.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adrian Z
East Haven, CT
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Manhattan! We arrived a few hours before check-in and the staff graciously allowed us to drop off our bags at the office for safekeeping until check-in time. We were happy to drop off our stuff and meet a friend for lunch. We arrived back at the hotel a few hours later, where an elevator took us to our room on the 4th floor. The room was charming, very clean and equipped with a kitchenette.

The Upper East Side is one of the safest areas in Manhattan; the restaurants in the area are very good and reasonably priced. Staying at the Gracie Inn is very much like staying in a hip New Yorker's delightful studio apartment.

Every room is equipped with a door buzzer to allow food delivery after hours. Every guest is given a room key and an outside door key, so that you can go out at night and come in on your own. Taxis are plentiful in the area.

It is a clean, comfortable, safe base in residential Manhattan. Another bonus is that they are dog friendly. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple