I booked directly with the hotel due to it's location. I was visiting a friend who lived just a block away so I took a chance. The staff is very nice and friendly although I was staying for just one night by myself so I didn't need much attention. Breakfast arrived exactly when I requested. The studio room on the fourth floor was clean and nice but it needs updating, particularly the kitchen and bathroom. It is on a safe street but the room is definitely not soundproof. I'm used to a quiet, suburban setting where I live but I didn't expect the same for the Upper East Side--bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Loud people outside about 3 a.m. and then the hotel noises started about 8 a.m.--it is an old building and you can hear people easily as well as the elevator. Yes, there was a hair dryer and iron in the room--in the kitchen cabinet. Overall, I'm glad I stayed there and would consider staying again. It's New York City--it's all about tradeoffs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please see critics reviews in Frommer's New York with kids 2009 and 100 Best Little Hotels New York 4th Edition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Gracie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gracie Hotel New York City
- Gracie Hotel New York City
- Gracie Inn