This is my favorite hotel in Manhattan! We arrived a few hours before check-in and the staff graciously allowed us to drop off our bags at the office for safekeeping until check-in time. We were happy to drop off our stuff and meet a friend for lunch. We arrived back at the hotel a few hours later, where an elevator took us to our room on the 4th floor. The room was charming, very clean and equipped with a kitchenette.
The Upper East Side is one of the safest areas in Manhattan; the restaurants in the area are very good and reasonably priced. Staying at the Gracie Inn is very much like staying in a hip New Yorker's delightful studio apartment.
Every room is equipped with a door buzzer to allow food delivery after hours. Every guest is given a room key and an outside door key, so that you can go out at night and come in on your own. Taxis are plentiful in the area.
It is a clean, comfortable, safe base in residential Manhattan. Another bonus is that they are dog friendly. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please see critics reviews in Frommer's New York with kids 2009 and 100 Best Little Hotels New York 4th Edition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Gracie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gracie Hotel New York City
- Gracie Hotel New York City
- Gracie Inn