Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$188
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$347
SmithHotels.com
$346
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$232
$223
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$351
$178
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$98
  • Breakfast included
1,836 results
All reviewsthe financial districtfulton street subwaywall streetgold streetfelice restaurantnew yorklower manhattanboutique hotelfrosted glassbattery parkworld trade centerquiet locationking suitebathroom doorgreat boutiquefront desk staffvisiting nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We had a 4 day convention in Manhattan at the Javits Convention Center and stayed at Gild Hall due to a package air and hotel deal on Expedia. This boutique-style hotel is located in the center of the Business District.
PROS:
- Incredibly professional service and hospitable staff. This staff stands out from even more high end hotels that we've stayed at as their guest service was impeccable. Warm and welcoming, yet professional and polite. Can I say professional, once again. It is not often that one comes across such well trained, genuine staff in the service industry.
- Unique design/decor
- Easy access to the subway, one block away.
- Comfortable, clean beds.

CONS:
- Awkward to get to Javits. Taxi ride cost us $13-14 each way every day! Many taxi drivers claimed to not know this hotel and had difficulty finding it tucked away in the Business District. Often had to walk a block or two to find a main artery that taxis frequented as they do not pass by the hotel regularly. Only $6 to/from SoHo.
- Not really a touristy hotel as most tourist sites are not within walking distance.
- Small rooms and bathroom (no countertop space at all).
- Aging finishing. Needs touch-ups on walls, furniture, doorways, etc.
- Had to pay $10 for internet per day. In this day and age and in the Business District this should be included in the room cost.

If you are primarily going to be located in the Business District, you can't go wrong for service at this hotel. If you are going for pleasure/tourism, I would recommend staying closer to /in Midtown or Times Square area as many more sites are easily walked to and easily accessible. Definitely had higher taxi costs this time that previous visits due to location and wasted time moving about the city to/from here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I am writing before my trip. I had a major booking problem. I needed to be downtown for a few nights and if I liked the hotel was going to extend my stay for 7 nights. However, after booking a room, I found out I couldn't add a roll-away bed for my son. He would need it for only 2 nights. "Fire" laws were cited. I asked for a room with twin beds. "That's $50 more per night." The online booking agent would not and could not help, refusing to change the reservation to another hotel. Apparently, this hotel insists on more money for their twin bed rooms, which are cited as larger. I have therefore booked the remainder of my stay at another hotel. Again, my comments are based on booking and beds.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

For my business trips to NY financial district, I used to stay at the Hilton Millenium, but then the inevitable cut backs from HO surfaced and I had to find an alternative. My NY office booked me the Gild Hall and I have now stayed there four times - for 2-3 weeks at a time.

My first reaction was that the reception area and bar reminded me of an English country town hotel.

The smiling receptionist (Amy) on the first occasion I walked in on a snowy and freezing February evening warmed me up immediately, and I don't think I have ever met such a friendly receptionist crew. The bar staff were eqaully friendly.

The rooms do vary, some are a bit small and others are - by NY standards - almost massive, but they all seem to be the same price - I suppose corporate rate determines that.

Downsides.

Breakfast can be very slow (insufficient staff) and is not cheap. The weekend continental breakfast is a joke - there are however a number of ok places nearby at less than half the price.

The bar (ex the 5-8 happy hour) is expensive even for NY.

As others have suggested, the $10 charge for WIFI use is a disgrace.

As one other mentioned, the brownies on the pillow disappeared this year, but I mentioned this to Amy, and that evening................brownies!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed here a couple of times on business in the last year. Overall very positive experiences. It's certainly at the boutique end of the scale with v. tastefully furnished rooms of a good size - bordering on generous for NYC. Bathrooms are particularly nicely done, with good freebies. Only downsides from my perspective is that the bar is very small and very noisy (when you arrive inn the evenings you feel like you've arrived at a private party) and there isn't really any room service to speak of. It's pricey, but you're paying for an upmarket stay in a prime Wall Street location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We booked a Double Queen bed room in Gild Hall hotel, and we were 3 people. The service was not satisfactory because they even did not provide us with enough Shampoos, Soap. Every we were about to asked them to put these items for us. Also, the size of the room was to small in comparison to the standard of other hotels. However, the place was too convenient to all downtown areas. The breakfast was not included and the price of breakfast, lunch, and dinner was too expensive.
The most awful thing was the speed of internet, and you have to pay 10$ per night for the internet. Seriously the speed was awful and comparable to disconnection.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business