Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$186
$179
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$303
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$260
$245
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$345
$200
$227
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$209
  • Bar/Lounge
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$240
$209
Agoda.com
$459
$359
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$483
$254
Priceline
1,835 results
All reviewsthe financial districtfulton street subwaywall streetgold streetfelice restaurantnew yorklower manhattanboutique hotelfrosted glassbattery parkworld trade centerquiet locationking suitebathroom doorgreat boutiquefront desk staffvisiting nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We went to this hotel thinking it was where we'd made our reservation (long story) and even though we did not have a reservation, the front desk clerks put a tag on our car so that it could stay out front of the hotel while we figured out where we needed to be, printed out directions to our reserved hotel, gave us glasses of champagne, and just, in general, were incredibly friendly and nice. The place was so romantic-looking.
When we made plans to go to NY, this was the hotel we wanted -- but we changed our minds because in-room Internet required an ethernet cable and we didn't want the bother. If you're thinking of not reserving here because of the in-room internet bother, let that go. It would be so worth it to stay here. We'll stay at the Gild next time for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Illysa I,

It was a pleasure hosting you on this short pit stop on your recent trip to New York City. I regret the initial confusion but I am so glad to hear that our team was able to sort everything out for you. Please note that internet connection via ethernet cable is optional. We do provide Wifi access throughout the entire hotel. We are thankful for your commitment to return to Gild Hall for your next visit and I will be more than happy to personally assist you with your reservation.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a perfect stay at Gild Hall hotel, extending our business trip to NewJersey with 2 extra nights in NYC for leisure.
Very friendly staff, remembering my name, even after returning from the city several hours later.
Good internet connection in the lobby, nice atmosphere to sit and chat, discussing what to do and see the next day in this amazing city.
Very close to subway station with several lines connecting.
Thanks to the staff for a very nice stay in this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: 11th floor, no noise from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BrendavdA
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear BrendavdA,

Thank you for wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that our location provided a perfect stay for you while extending your business trip to NJ with two extra nights in New York City for leisure. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff as the element which truly makes our hotel superb, always greeting you with an inviting smile and recognizing you by name. At Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel we pride ourselves on delivering an unrivaled level of service in all areas of our operation and we are humbled by your affirmation. Please come back soon...

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was a great experience. A beautiful hotel close to Wall Street and my meetings. A very large room by NY standards. I asked for a quiet room and they gave me a corner room on a top floor. Service was outstanding. When I checked out I told the clerk that I understand why Gild Hall gets such great reviews.

Room Tip: Got a great Price though bidding on Priceline.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Allan R,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! It was a pleasure to host you on your recent business trip to New York City. Thank you for your beautiful comments about our location, our superior room product and our outstanding service. We are humbled by your endorsement of exceeding your high expectations. It was a pleasure to host you on this visit to New York City and we look forward to welcoming you back for plenty future stays...

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Thank you to everyone at Gild Hall for making my stay in New York pretty near close to perfect. My son lives in lower Manhattan so Gild Hall was especially convenient, and there was a subway station right around the corner for those trips uptown.

The room was attractive, clean and plenty large for New York standards, and the price was reasonable. But the selling point is the staff. Everyone, from all the wonderful folks at the front desk to the bartender to the housekeeping staff, was polite and personable. And being a Southerner, I especially appreciate the sincere interest given each time I walked in or out of the doors.

I'll stay here again on my next trip and I'll recommend it enthusiastically to anyone I know headed for New York.

Thank you so much for the good care.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor. Not much of a view but very, very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear HSW1226,

On behalf of the entire team at Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel, thank you so much for your fervent review! It was an absolute pleasure to host you on this visit to NYC while visiting your son! I cannot express in words our gratitude for such wonderful comments regarding our impeccable service and our great room product. Your review inspires us to continue in our mission of treating each guest with the utmost genuine service throughout all departments. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team. Thank you for your glowing recommendation. We too cannot wait to welcome you back home...

Your friends at Gild Hall...

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at the Gild Hall for 3 nights last week (end of April 2014) - I was looking for a really special place to stay for a surprise trip to NYC for my girlfriend, with the intention of 'popping the question' whilst we were over there. To say that I was not disappointed is an understatement!

I was in touch with the Hotel Manager before we arrived just to check everything went smoothly - Bjoern was really helpful..........a theme which carried on throughout the whole stay with all of the staff at the Gild Hall. Nothing was too much trouble!

After the excitement of 'popping the question' and my girlfriend saying "Yes", we came back to the hotel on the first evening for a celebration drink and a meal (which was top quality), before catching up on some much needed sleep in the really comfy bed. Really importantly, the room was spotless!

We thought the location of the hotel was amazing - after spending our days sight seeing and exploring NYC it was great to come back to the relaxed, comfortable, and lovely surroundings of the hotel. Close enough to busy streets and the subway to make it convenient, but hidden away and secluded enough to give you a little break from the activity of the big city. A really short walk to the nearest Subway station.......

We'll definitely be coming back to the Gild Hall the next time we stay in NYC - great place, great location, AMAZING staff, great food and drink, great atmosphere.......a top notch place which really helped make this a really special weekend.

Thanks to all the staff - top notch! :-)

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor - it was quiet, comfortable, with hardly any outside noise. If you wanted to hear a little sound from New York just open the window and you'll hear it. If you prefer piece and quiet just keep the windows shut and turn on the aircon or heating, and just sit back and relax...........
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter B
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Peter B,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! It was an honor to be your host for your surprise engagement trip! On behalf of the entire team: Congratulations on your engagement!
We are so thrilled to hear that you had a such a wonderful stay with us and we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our comfortable beds, convenient location and our superb restaurant Felice. We are especially humbled by your endorsement for our unrivaled service, attention to detail and our amazing staff. Thank you again for choosing Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel for this special trip to New York City. We look forward to welcoming you and your soon-to-be wife back home soon...

Your friends at Gild Hall