“First visit, and will definitely be back!”

Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel
Ranked #37 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay last minute in NY for a family funeral, and we found Gild Hall on the Jetsetter website. It was an amazing rate and we booked it immediately. I always go on to tripadvisor to read about a hotel before making a reservation, but did not have the time to do so. Well, I was more than happy to read all of the wonderful reviews, and after our stay there last week - I see why!
This is a fabulous GEM of a hotel - hip and inviting décor, good size comfortable room with a nice bathroom (great smelling bath products) and lots of good snacks, friendly and helpful staff, a great little bar area, and easy access to the subway and taxis. One other big plus is how quiet the hotel is, and what a nice thing in NY to have little if any street noise! We didn't get a chance to eat at Felice, but the menu looked delicious and is run by an Italian family who owns multiple properties in Manhattan.
And to top it off, I emailed the manager Mr. Bjoern Blaha, to let him know of our family's situation, and he graciously upgraded our room and was more than happy to answer any and all questions.
We will absolutely return to this hotel when back in NY- and make an effort to check out other Thompson properties from now on!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 17th floor and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear courtney a,

Your warm review means so much to us! It was my utmost pleasure to assist you prior to your stay. I am ecstatic to hear about how much you enjoyed your first stay with us. We are honored and most thankful for your glowing recommendation. Please continue to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future. Thank you again for choosing Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was in NY for work, and Gild Hall was very close to the office downtown. What a surprise to find such a unique, fun, welcoming boutique hotel in this area! The staff was very welcoming and helped me get a good rate on their London sister hotel with no fuss at all. They also gave me a glass of champagne as I came in, and helped me make a reservation for three in Felice restaurant, which is on the ground floor. The hotel is very well decorated and trendy. The room decor was a bit dark for my taste, but it certainly looked great. I would also highly recommend a meal at Felice. Definitely intend to stay here on my next trip to NYC!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Graeme C,

We certainly appreciate your great feedback! We are always honored to be called unique, fun and welcoming. We are also very pleased to hear about your enjoyable interaction with our team. Our sister property Belgraves in London is simply stunning. We do hope that your stay at our sister property was as memorable as your stay here at Gild Hall. Thank you again for choosing Thompson Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future...

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Love this hotel. The staff were very nice and welcoming. The rooms are wonderfully appointed. Only downside would be the size and privacy of the bathroom. The restaurant in the hotel is fabulous. The primary reason for choosing this hotel was its proximity to family living in the area; however, I have stayed in other areas of Manhattan and think that, for the price, this is a fantastic location with convenient subway access to pretty anywhere you want to go. Would definitely recommend particularly if you need to be located in lower Manhattan.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank squaredeal16

Dear squaredeal16,

We love you back! Thank you for your fabulous review. I am delighted to read your wonderful comments about our rooms, location and our amazing staff. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again on your next family visit in the near future...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Such a cool hotel with great decor! The location is within walking distance to Subway stations, as well as most of the main financial district attractions (world trade center, Statue of Liberty, wall st etc.) The staff was very friendly, and accommodating. We were allowed to leave two suitcases in storage for a few days before we checked in so we could bring just carry ons to our short trip to the Caribbean. We were upgraded to a king suite due to our room not being ready before check in time. The room is comfortable, and stylish. We loved the complimentary plush robe to use. Definitely recommend this hotel for our next stay in nyc.
We were also offered a 15% off coupon for next stay at any Thompson hotel.

The only gripe I have is charging $5 delivery fee for room service. The hotel restaurant Felice looked really nice and had a great menu but we refused to pay $8 for a small bottle of water that was available in the room, as well paying a delivery fee. (Recommend going to Duane read around the corner and stock up on snacks and water for your room).

Other then that this hotel is recommended!!n

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Newyorkgilly1

Dear Newyorkgilly1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to read the comments regarding our friendly and accommodating team as well as your delight in our decor. Your recommendation means a lot to us. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future...

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during a very snowy week in February. The staff were excellent as was our room. There is a very nice bar and small restaurant with lots of other good restaurants within a short walk. I will definitely stay again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rod J,

Thank you for your thoughtful note. We appreciate your kind comment about our staff and we hope you will be visiting us again soon but maybe in the summertime?

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Spent a weekend this winter. Had reserved thru Hotel webpage taking advantage of discount for advance payment. Everything as expected: friendly reception with no surprises, clean, comfortable and well equipped room, no noise at night. Breakfast kind of basic but ok anyway. Staff willing to help. 1 block from Fulton St subway hub, walking distance from many attractions, good restaurant across the street. Would recommend and come back. Final note: Price/value wise was the best option for my set of Musts and Wants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

We value your recommendation, Southernisk. Thank you for your review and we hope you will be returning for a second visit soon...

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

On Valentine's Day we decided to try our luck with Hotel Tonight and ended up staying at Gild Hall in the King Suite. It was very impressive. A lot of the time, "suite" just means two bland rooms, one with a couch in it. The living room of this suite was huge and appealing, with high ceilings and well-appointed furnishings. The hotel is modeled on a kind of hunting lodge design, and it works well to make the bedroom cozy while still modern and spacious.

I had to call down several times with questions about the neighborhood and whatnot, and the staff were always helpful. We ordered room service from the restaurant for dinner. It was quick, delicious, and reasonably priced (pretty sure it's just the same price as if we'd sat down in the dining room).

There's a bar above the lobby that I wish I'd tried. I didn't get to look at it until we were checking out.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bob P,

It is so exciting to read that you discovered us on Hotel Tonight. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our last minute offer. Thank you for sharing your kind words about our decor and ambiance. The King Suite is my favorite room type and I am glad you were able to experience it. Thank you for also highlighting the exceptional service provided to you by our Front Office and the entire Gild Hall team. Please come back soon...

Warm regards,