“Great Hotel In Southern Manhattan”

Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel
Ranked #34 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent and clean hotel in the financial district of Manhattan, with pretty affordable prices. Great room service and dining options. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Very close to many of the different subway lines.

I stayed there with my fiancé on two separate occasions; we both loved it. Everything was clean with more than enough space.

Will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear mnc506,

Thank you for your review. We are excited to welcome you back to Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel in the near future...

Kindest regards,

bblaha@thompsonhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Gild Hall over new year, and can honestly say we could not have found a better place to stay. Everything from the moment we checked in was superb.

We stayed in room 156, it was really clean, spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was great and brilliant to have a shower in a city hotel with good water pressure.

The staff on reception were all fantastic, and would do anything to help. The bar area is very warm and welcoming, bar staff are superb, with a fantastic drinks range, and a great area to relax with friends. We didn't get chance to eat at the hotels restaurant but it looked very nice.

We would 100% stay at the Gild Hall again, and it deserves it's place amongst the top hotels in New York City.

A big thank you to all at the Gild Hall Hotel for making our stay in NYC a memorable one. We will see you again soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Simadders,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and thorough review. We are always proud being called one of the top hotels in New York City. We are happy to have been able to create such a memorable stay for you. Please come back soon...

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Gild Hall was our first accommodation stop in New York and we were extremely pleased with quality of the rooms and it's location to many of the major attractions, including the proximity of the subway which enabled us to to move around the city quickly and easily.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are happy to have been a part of your New York City experience, B2B1994. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your visiting again in the near future...

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our best experience in NYC hotel's ever. The hotel is charming, cool, with an excellent location, away from the crowded tourist spots in New York and the most amazing, friendly and efficient staff.

Dear mfreitas,

Thank you for your review and kind words about your stay and our staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Gild Hall - A Thompson Hotel in the future...

Best regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for New Year's Eve this year. We were having dinner and attending a concern in Brooklyn and wanted to stay downtown. Gild Hall was a great choice for us. As others have noted, the hotel is located on a relatively quiet street, but is close to many subway stops, restaurants, shops, the financial district businesses, the World Trade Center construction, City Hall, etc. I did not dine at the restaurant (La Felice), but I had a drink at the bar. It was fine. Free Internet is available in the lobby, but not in the rooms (which was a disappointment).

The rooms are clean and decorated in a contemporary-type way. I agree with others who say the glass bathroom walls are a disadvantage, but we weren't there long enough to really be bothered by this. I thought he bed was fine, and I liked the down comforter. Also, the room temperature was great (something I have had trouble with in other hotels).

But I have to say that one of the best parts about our stay was the friendly, helpful staff. The folks at the desk were amazingly efficient, friendly, service-oriented staff. They answered every question, no matter how small, and smiled while they did it. When I was coughing excessively while sitting in the lobby, a staff member brought me a bottle of water and commiserated with me. This really made me feel great about our stay, which we enjoyed in any case.

If I need to be in that neighborhood, I will definitely go back . . . .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bjoern B, Manager at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Heminway,

Thank you very much for you thorough and thoughtful review. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff! I am sure your note will put a big smile on all of their faces. For that we are extremely grateful. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance in the future.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I wanted to give high praise to Gild Hall, as well as Thompson Hotels. My now husband and I stayed there in the Fall, and we could have not been happier with the impeccable service, accommodations and staff at the hotel. We stayed there, along with our family, in October to get married in New York. We loved how the room along with the bathroom was quite spacious, especially for Manhattan. They treated us and our guests with such kindness, from the check in to grabbing a taxi for us. Even when the weather was horrible and we had to move our wedding from outdoors to the hotel, they were incredibly accommodating, from coordinating the ceremony in one of the suites to arranging transportation to dinner. I can’t say enough how happy we were with Gild Hall. Can’t wait to stay there again for our next trip to New York!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Uyen H,

We are always proud to be called the best! Thank you for your thoughtful note and
we, too, look forward to your next visit...!!!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for one night after a New Year’s Eve concert. Most hotels trump up their prices for this night but this hotel was still within our budget. This is one reason I was pleasantly surprised it was a nice hotel. The hotel was easy to get to, about four stops from New York Penn station, and only a few blocks from the subway. At check-in we were greeted with a smile and two welcome glasses of champagne. The size of the room was average, enough space to move around plus a sitting area. Plenty of nice treats (chips and nuts by Dean and Deluca) and other amenities (wine, candles, outlet adaptor, etc.) I would not have expected (though you should check the price list before snacking).
The only concerns (not really complaints) I have about the room is the bed frame and the glass enclosure of the bathroom. The bed frame is larger than the mattress so you can imagine the many stars I saw when I walked into corner of the frame and wacked my shin. Please be careful! (Suggestion to the hotel: cover the corners).
Although the bathroom was very nicely updated, there was not much privacy. The walls are made of frosted glass. I like the way ‘Brendan d’ worded it, “If you're using the toilet with someone else in the room, they know exactly what’s going on.”
All-in-all, it was a very pleasant stay, and we are hoping to come back in the near future.

1  Thank traveldiva612

Glad to hear that you enjoyed a pleasant and comfortable stay with us, traveldiva612.
Thank you for posting and valued feedback. We are looking forward to your next stay with us...

Happy New Year!