Gild Hall is a diamond of a boutique hotel in FiDi that i loved to boast to my peers about. It truly is
an oasis at night in a quiet neighborhood. I stayed more than 20 nights over the course of the last 7 months
and got to know the entire staff on a personal level. I have seen these guys deal with foreign and domestic
travelers with great customer service; help me find a late late night spot for food when my flight was super
delayed; accommodate my random room needs based on the trip (Bathtub vs shower; extra pillows, ironing board, etc)
What I most loved about Gild and will miss dearly now that i'm not traveling to NYC:
- You are greeted every time with a professional and genuinely courteous smile
- The hotel has a great "Father's Contemporary Library" vibe
- The food at Felice is craveable and delicious! Very good cheese plates, great wine and bar selections,
veal ragu, housemade pasta, amazing salads and fish dishes...everything is great
- Updated and Modern guest rooms with really amazing smelling shampoos. Trust me at the end of a long day
Eucalyptus shampoo is a much welcomed stress reliever.
- The rooms are quiet and the noise from the outside is just about non-existant...very important!
- bathrobe that just envelopes you after your eucalyptus shower
This hotel really offers the best trilogy of what makes a hotel a great accommodation:
- Clean / Inviting
- Location & Proximity
- Value for hotel night based on quality of service
safe travels friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aspen meets Wall Street at Gild Hall, Thompson Hotels' Lower Manhattan luxury lifestyle design property. Located on Gold Street in the heart of the financial district with nearby landmarks such as the 9/11 memorial, Freedom Tower, Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty, Gild Hall brings a new level of design savvy and service to Manhattan's most historic neighborhood. Designed by Jim Walrod, the unpretentious yet luxurious hotel offers 126 rooms and suites including meeting space for up to 15 people. Our rooms feature oversize leather-tufted headboards and elegant custom-designed furniture, topped with rich flannel throws and mahogany details, some adorned by dramatic chandeliers. Felice Ristorante & Wine Bar offers authentic Tuscan fare complete with one of the best Italian proprietary wines - bottled from Fattoria Sardi Giustiniani, the owner's vineyard in Lucca. Effortlessly blending classical European sensibility with American contemporary style, Gild Hall serves as a modern-day gentleman's club for the kings and queens of Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelPower, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gild Hall New York City
- Gild Hall Hotel