“Clean and Great Location.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manhattan Broadway Hotel

Manhattan Broadway Hotel
Ranked #422 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Caloundra, Australia
“Clean and Great Location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Not the best of rooms but clean, Small lift but fit the 2 of us and our luggage. Very friendly staff who helped whenever asked. 2 blocks from time square, Lot of eateries around the area, Great location. For the money that you pay, You definitely can't complain.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lyndasue75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Hebrew first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We booked this hotel for 5 nights due to excellent location, and it proves to be worthy and nice value for our money. The receptionstaff are all very nice and even upgraded us to a bigger room, the room was not very big but it was clean with an air conditioner and two windows. The bathroom was renovated and in nice condition. The elevator was maybe a bit outdated and slow but got the job done.If you are on a budget or rather spend your money shopping or dining in the city, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Marie S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I met friends from London staying at this hotel for a meeting. They had stayed one night and we're not impressed with their rooms. Wheni checked in the next night I asked for a newer room. It was nice and clean. No frills. The lobby however was packed with people surfing the internet. I found out its free in the lobby and not in the room. The lobby is a bit dated but the crowd just seemed odd. Front desk folks were really nice and coffee was good

Room Tip: Ask up cent
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mlbmc
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We booked this hotel for 3 nights and it proves to be worthy. The queen bed room is not very big but at least very clean with an air conditioner. The bathroom is even better than the room. The clerks are all very nice. Besides, washing clothes is cheap here. If you are a student with budget, this hotel would be a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bosiejiang
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My mum booked this hotel over the net. She booked a double and a triple room. When we arrived at 5pm we could not believe our eyes, little sign that the place was actually a hotel, on entering we were told that only the triple room was available and despite our first impressions, smiled and gratefully accepted our room key.

Firstly, we had to decide whether to walk the stairs or take a lift that was little bigger than a dumb waiter (I chose the stairs!) walking past a huge animal crate (god knows what for) we headed to our room. On opening it we did not know whether to laugh or cry. We had bunk beds and a single bed, all of which had mismatched bedding and quilts that were lumpier than my nans gravy! The room stank of an interesting mix of sweat and cheese. There were hairs hanging from the bunk and we all stared in disbelief.

I genuinely have never been in such a horrible hotel, it was so bad that we decided that no matter what we were not going to stay there (especially with our young daughter) and promptly made the decision to leave where we could breathe through our noses once more. We stupidly took a left turn at the end of the street and ended up walking past lots of shops which sold films and the such for a certain market.

We finally found a lovely hotel (The Wellington) and despite meaning we had to pay $1200 extra we booked in. On returning to the hotel to collect our bags (which I was amazed were still there) we told the very friendly desk attendant why we would not be returning.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lianne O

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Do not book this disgusting hotel. I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights at a cost of over a thousand pounds. I would not put a dog here. The rooms were tiny, smelly and generally disgusting. Daniel the desk clerk was very polite but that's as far as it went. The whole place was dingy and generally awful. There was a lady, I use the term loosely, hanging about in the "lobby".
The photos on here have either been taken at a different hotel or have been photo-shopped. I had my 13 year old granddaughter with me and my daughter, I would have been very ill at ease staying here.
I went walking around NY looking for another place to stay which then cost me another £1,500.
Do not be fooled by the photos or the reviews. I think the staff must have written them.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 19Lynda1951
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Traveling alone to meet family for a NYC get-away, I was looking for clean, safe, convenient budget accommodations near Times Square, the subway, and Megabus. This low-budget hotel fit the bill. No-frills, dark, small, and old, but reliable. I slept well, the staff accommodated my request for a quiet room, the linen was clean, no bed bugs or cockroaches. I safely walked at midnight from the train at 42nd, stopping at the bodega on 8th for fruit, yogurt and other healthy snacks to stock my mini-fridge for the morning. I stored luggage with the concierge on either end of my stay, which really freed me to enjoy the city. The staff really takes pride in their work at what most would consider a low-end property.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street. They really do try to accommodate this.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family