“Near to times sq”

Manhattan Broadway Hotel
Ranked #427 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very, very basic hotel and very near to times sq- which is why we picked it. Also lots of Groups of lads and girls shouting all the time in the middle of the night. Don't waste your money, stay a few blocks further out and get a much nicer hotel for your money. What has upset me the most about our stay, was we were stranded during hurricane sandy and the hotel charged us 50% more to stay extra nights. This was after quoting us a lower price when we initially asked when we heard our flight was cancelled. What a rip off. 300 dollars plus taxes as they knew we had nowhere else to go. We heard them quoting people 499 dollars on the 'phone - atrocious behaviour. When I complained to the manager he couldn't care less and told us if we didn't want to pay then leave - knowing full well we wouldn't get in anywhere. I have never left a review before but feel so strongly about this that I have just registered to be able to leave a review. Shame on you Manhattan Broadway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jackie M

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week at the start of October, Its has some very bad reviews but in my opinion, why try spoil a holiday by looking for all the negatives!
Its on west 38th street between 7th and 8th ave, So only 4 blocks away from Time Sq, 20 min walk from central park. and right around the block from port authority if you're looking to get a bus somewhere, like Jersey Gardens like myself!
The hotel itself is small with small rooms, but if you're just over for a tourist holiday you wont be in the hotel much anyway.
The staff were always nice to us, had a small issue with the wifi, which is $5 for 24 hours, and the hotel staff kindly gave us a free day because of it.
Stayed on the 2nd floor so could easily walk or take the lift. If you are up early there is a dunken doughnut and starbucks right around the corner. Over all I would gladly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This should not be classified as a hotel. It is, as mentioned in another review, along the lines of a dirty youth hostel. The photos on the website are not at all what this truly looks like. They are either really old or really staged photos. Entry is a tiny hallway that leads you far back into the check in desk. There is no lobby or public space to hang out in, just a dirty unorganized check in desk. Tiny elevator up to floor 4 where I was 'upgraded' to a king size bedroom. Opened door (which was all grungy around the handle), turned on the fluorescent overhead light (only lighting option, no lamps or other lighting). I could not believe my eyes. Dirty walls and floor. Literally the drywall had nicks and dirt on all 4 sides. Narrow window that appeared to be boarded up on the outside with an old dirty looking a/c unit that looked like roaches could crawl out of anytime. Instant claustrophobia with no view to outside. Bed (no headboard) was pushed into the corner and linens did not look clean. There was a mess of old tangled up wire hangers for one to hang clothes from. Appeared to be duct tape or something along those lines in the bathtub I'm guessing for traction but not sure. Used bathroom, washed hands, grabbed hand towel to dry and was full of stains (if you're not going to keep white linens white then just use dark colored ones so at least the stains aren't clearly visible!). The room was dim and dirty and I would definitely have checked for bedbugs had I stayed but I didn't. This place was uncomfortable enough that I called another hotel 8 blocks up toward Times Square, got a 'normal' nice room for $30 less per night with breakfast included. I am by no means wealthy but even though I still had to pay the $289 charge for the first night it was well worth getting a good nights sleep in a comfortable space elsewhere. Do not stay here unless you are comfortable with unsanitary conditions. If you do the research you can find many more hotels in the area with similar rates and much better accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went to New York for a weekend of theatre and stayed at the Manhattan. We were very happy with the hotel It was a perfect location near all the Broadway theaters. Out room had a very comfortable king size bed with nice linens The hotel is not five star but the staff was very friendly there is adjacent parking at a reasonable rate. We were also able to book a room through Hotwire at a big discount.so it was a great deal

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is a great deal if you are looking for a well located and friendly place to stay. The rooms are not impressive, but they match the price charged and most of the staff is really Nice and thoghtfull. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
An EasyToBook.com traveler
New York
Reviewed October 6, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler