Stayed here for 5 days at the beginning of June. Having read trip advisor the Hotel was just as I expected. Location is really second to none, we flew into Newark and an easy 25 minute train ride costing just $15 took us to Penn station, right across the street from the New Yorker. It was only lunchtime but we checked straight in, with no wait, to our room on the 36th floor with amazing views (Could see Liberty from our bed!). Yes the rooms are not huge, but they are spotlessly clean with a really comfortable bed, LCD T.V. and Air conditioning what more do you need? Security is good, you cannot use the Lifts until you show your room keycard. After dumping our bags we walked to central Park, it was gloriously hot, and the way the "blocks" are set out it's quite simple to find your way around. Whoever said it's not near Times square must be incredibly lazy its a 10 minute walk max. There's plenty of shops, bars etc. in the area, we did use the Tick Tock Diner but there is better just up the road. As for Coopers Tavern $11 for a JD & Coke!!. The concierge in the hotel is very helpful , do visit if only for the 10% off at Macys voucher.
We didn't use the buses but Penn Station over the road is very handy for the subway, which we took to Ground Zero, its only $2 per trip however far you go. Everyone is very helpful, they can't do enough for you and we would absolutely choose to stay at the New Yorker again. If I can make one recommendation - walk the Brooklyn Bridge- it was great!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York