“Very good location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kentucky
“Very good location”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the Wyndham New Yorker for four nights. When we arrived late at night they didn't have a room with two beds for the three of us so they put us in two rooms side by side. That was fine since we were all adults and that gave us two bathrooms. The hotel was built in 1929 and I loved the look of the older building. We were on the 22nd floor and could still hear the traffic. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, the bathroom had no vent so all the steam stayed in the bathroom so all walls and everything else was wet when you got out of the shower. The hotel is a block away from Macy's. There are several resturants around the hotel and one in the hotel but I only used it to get dessert to go. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would stay at this hotel again. It was a little expensive for me but I booked it through Book It and saved a little.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jadajag
Newyorkerhotel, Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel while you were in New York City.

I have read your view and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience. I am delighted to read the staff provided the service level as expected. Please be assured your comments will be shared with all the employees.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel when your travels find you returning to New York City.

Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,233)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Though there is currently exterior construction, one step into the hotel's lobby shows you what a classic, older hotel should look like: plenty of seating, a wide, welcoming front desk, a diner and restaurant attached, an art deco feel, and a lively vibe.

Check-in was simple and fast, and there were plenty of elevators to get to one's room.

I was on the executive floor (5th, I think) and the rooms were renovated and beautiful. They were small rooms but I've been in much smaller in New York City. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the TVs new and crisp.

I had to work from my room for a bit and the desk was large, at the window for people watching, and with plenty of outlets to cover today's business traveler.

There were two free waters at the desk too, a nice bonus.

The bathroom was clean and the shower's water pressure powerful.

The location is perfect. Minutes from Penn Station, a short walk to Times Square and near enough train stops to get you anywhere.

If you need the right Manhattan location, and a comfortable room in a classic building, I recommend the Wyndham New Yorker.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your view and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please be assured your comments will be shared with all the employees.

New York
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The room was small but clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel's location in relation to Penn Station was very convenient since that is where our trains in and out of the city arrived/departed. We easily walked to the hotel. We tried both restaurants attached to the hotel and they were ok, not great, but the service in them was friendly and welcoming. We sought the assistance of the concierge desk for directions 3 times. They did not seem knowledgeable and ultimately we found it more reliable to ask passers by (who were friendly and eager to help always!). We will definitely return to the Wyndham.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank Katherine G
Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your view and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at our centralized location.

I would like to investigate your interaction with our concierge but do not have your contact information. Please email me a brauch@nyhotel.com and reference your review.

I look forward to your email reply and welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel when your travels find you returning to New York City.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for the NYC week of our honeymoon, and we loved it. We got a newly renovated room, so newly renovated it hadn't been used before us. Very helpful staff (recommendations, taxis, help with how to get to sports arenas), very nice and clean. The hotel itself looks very good.

As expected, the room wasn't particulary big, but we only used it for sleeping, showering and watching tv at the end of each day, so we got every need covered. We weren't in NYC to stay in our hotel room. Comfortable beds, great bathroom, big tv. The city sounds are negligible. You get free wifi for one device, anything more you have to pay for it.

The location is perfect. The subway is literally outside the door, the MSG is on the other side of the intersection, Empire State, Macy's etc. is just down the road. Because of it's location, nothing on Manhattan (sans Harlem) is far away. Short way to lower Manhattan, you are in midtown, and short way to upper Manhattan.

Breakfast is not included, but the Tick Tock Diner at street level takes care of that for you. Classic diner interior, and great food. Try their sweet potato pancakes. Fantastic! If you are staying for a long time and grow somewhat tired of their food, you could always go to Sergimmo's right nearby (9th ave. between 35th and 36th). Anyhow, you are in the middle of Manhattan, finding places to eat is no problem at all.

Recommended without hesitation!

Green Features: They share the same "towel practice" that many hotels have.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YetAnotherNorwegian
Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your view and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience. I am delighted to read the staff provided the service level as expected during your honeymoon. Please be assured your comments will be shared with all the employees.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel when your travels find you returning to New York City (hopefully for your 1 year anniversary).