I have just got back from here after a holiday with my boyfriend in NYC (NYC is amazing by the way). If you are doing New York properly then you won't really be in your hotel that much, and I think the few negatives reviews I've read about this place are from people who spent too much time in their room. Yes the rooms are small, but all hotel rooms in NYC are small. There was plenty of room for us (and our shopping) and there was a large cupboard that fitted both our suitcases (which we could access without taking them out again). Rooms were very clean and bed was comfortable. We just got the standard room and this was fine (if you have a kid I would get a bigger one though)
Hotel has an Art Deco/40s feel which I thought gave it a charm. The only slight grumble I would have is the shower as the temperature was hard to get right, but this was only on a few occasions (we stayed for 6 nights)
It is not the kind of hotel where staff are on call and waiting around for you - it's a busy city hotel with 34 floors - people are going in and out all the time, but they ask to see your key card before going up for security.
We had breakfast most mornings at the diner attached to the hotel - we didn't need lunch after this! A real American style diner and very quick and efficient. Be careful as I've put on a good few centimetres round my waste - but the bacon was worst it.
Location couldn't have been better - Empire State is a short walk and there are loads of shops near by.
Outside the hotel are men selling bus tour tickets (in yellow shirts) we were a bit unsure but got one anyway (holiday spirit) and I couldn't recommended this enough. It included a ferry ride of the coast (to Statue of Liberty too) and buses to all the attractions - £30 each for 3 days. Well worth it.
I would stay here again and have recommended to some work colleagues who are going on holiday to stay there. At the end of the day it's New York - do it properly and you'll just be going back to recharge. Have fun (and I'm jealous as I want to go again)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York