The last thing you want after a 7 hour flight is a noisey hotel room rigt next to the elevator machine room (2301), after a brief discussion with the desk manager she moved me to another room, which although quiet had only a tiny window and no ventilation (not ideal when travelling on your own on business and likely to spend some time on your room working). Too tired to change again the same desk manager arranged to have my luggage moved to another room. What a difference! Seems that rooms ending in 70 or near by, are quiet and have a view towards the Hudson.
Bell staff were also very helpful in arranging cabs/airport shuttles etc.
For getting about the city the location of the New Yorker couldn't be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York