“Best birthday ever! !”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bourne, United Kingdom
“Best birthday ever! !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The whole trip exceeded my expectations, from the moment we arrived at terminal 7. The trip to the hotel was a piece of cake and Penn Station was literally across the road. We were given a city view room as requested and I was blown away by the sights. We could see all the way across to WTC and statue of liberty! ! Room was clean and functional. Bed was well comfy and the bath was nice and deep. Location was more than perfect. I had the best time and will definitely stay here again on the next visit when the kids are older.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,176)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

To balance your budget , find a good location and get value for money in a New York hotel has been a challenge for me even after having come to this city a dozen times.
Finally discovered THE WYNDHAM NEWYORKER which has it all. " Our Sheets are White our policy is Green" says a placard in the room. Yes, Crisp white sheets , a clean bathroom with clean towels is what I look for. I got them. Even the housekeeping was quick to respond to our needs.
Am going to look no further for future visits. Thankyou Newyorker Wyndham

Room Tip: Higher floors with River view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I checked into the New Yorker for a mother-daughter couple days in the Big Apple. My daughters had just had their birthdays, and we were there to celebrate!
Mohammad greeted us and was extremely helpful! As a Wyndham Reward participant, Mohammad upgraded us to a beautiful suite, which was very useful with 3 of us in a room! We were on the 23rd floor and the view was absolutely breathtaking!
The hotel itself is a NY City landmark! From the outside it's just another building, but inside, it is beautiful. Also, one of the best perks - It is safe!!!! There is someone standing by the elevators checking for room keys. Without a room key, nobody is granted access to the elevators.
The room was lovely, luxrious white towels, water pressure was awesome! However, yes, you are in NYC where the temperature constantly flucuates from hot to cold. That has nothing to do with the hotel.
We traveled through Penn Station which is right across the street! We went to a show in theatre district, and either took a quick subway, or grabbed a cab. Everything was easy access.
Overall, our experience was fabulous! I highly recommend the Wyndham New Yorker to anyone looking for an upscale hotel, but not outrageously priced.
Thank you Mohammad for making us experience so wonderful!
Donna

Room Tip: Even with construction going on, we never heard anything until we were already awake. Never heard t...
Green Features: Wyndham is a green hotel and therefore, they suggest using the towels more than once, and bed sheets are not changed daily, but they are made! Since I too practice being "green", I was glad to see this being practiced in the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was attending a convention in New York. I found The New Yorker Hotel on a friends recommendation. It location, so close to Penn Station, made it a good choice so i made a reservation. I found the hotel with no problem and checked right in on the day, no waiting.
The room was as described with a view of the Empire State building. I was alone on this visit and felt safe all during my stay. The staff were efficient and friendly. I was able to arrange the shuttle to take me to the airport when I was leaving, it was inexpensive and got me to the airport with time to spare. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on business or touring the city:-)

Room Tip: Ask for a view room and see the city in all its aspects!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Clair K
Dyffryn Ardudwy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Conveniently situated right next to Penn Station, close to the Empire State Building and walking distance from Macy's. Loved this hotel, loved the 24hour diner attached to it too.
No way was this a top notch place, but it was clean, comfortable and charming. Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Our room away from the front of the hotel was really quiet
Green Features: not sure about these although seemed to offer the usual keep your towels for as long as possible policy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryDyffrynArdudwy
Keene, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Proximity to Penn Station was why I selected this place, and also I have a soft spot for older hotels. The room was very small, OK for a single business traveller but would have been tight quarters for two. Last renovation must have been decades ago. Things like the capped old gas line under the sink indicate that the last renovation was also done on the cheap. And why would anyone put a shower head at 68" above the tub bottom? I think this is more a 3-star hotel than the touted 4-star rating.
On the plus side, I was able to check in at 0930 so I could unpack my bags and set a comfortable temperature for the room. And on the way out of town it was very convenient to be able to pick up my bags and walk to the train. On the minus side, the next morning housekeeping helpfully reset the temperature to sweltering hot.

Green Features: Linens are every other day unless you ask for daily; no option for keeping towels?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Was very satisfied with our stay at the New Yorker hotel. As soon as we arrived we were upgraded to room 3112 for no extra charge. Room was great size and had a big bathroom. Location was perfect as we were in walking distance of everything we wanted to see and staff were all friendly and very helpfull. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014