“FINALLY A GOOD VALUE GREAT LOCATION NYC HOTEL”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #279 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

To balance your budget , find a good location and get value for money in a New York hotel has been a challenge for me even after having come to this city a dozen times.
Finally discovered THE WYNDHAM NEWYORKER which has it all. " Our Sheets are White our policy is Green" says a placard in the room. Yes, Crisp white sheets , a clean bathroom with clean towels is what I look for. I got them. Even the housekeeping was quick to respond to our needs.
Am going to look no further for future visits. Thankyou Newyorker Wyndham

Room Tip: Higher floors with River view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (11,927)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I checked into the New Yorker for a mother-daughter couple days in the Big Apple. My daughters had just had their birthdays, and we were there to celebrate!
Mohammad greeted us and was extremely helpful! As a Wyndham Reward participant, Mohammad upgraded us to a beautiful suite, which was very useful with 3 of us in a room! We were on the 23rd floor and the view was absolutely breathtaking!
The hotel itself is a NY City landmark! From the outside it's just another building, but inside, it is beautiful. Also, one of the best perks - It is safe!!!! There is someone standing by the elevators checking for room keys. Without a room key, nobody is granted access to the elevators.
The room was lovely, luxrious white towels, water pressure was awesome! However, yes, you are in NYC where the temperature constantly flucuates from hot to cold. That has nothing to do with the hotel.
We traveled through Penn Station which is right across the street! We went to a show in theatre district, and either took a quick subway, or grabbed a cab. Everything was easy access.
Overall, our experience was fabulous! I highly recommend the Wyndham New Yorker to anyone looking for an upscale hotel, but not outrageously priced.
Thank you Mohammad for making us experience so wonderful!
Donna

Room Tip: Even with construction going on, we never heard anything until we were already awake. Never heard t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was attending a convention in New York. I found The New Yorker Hotel on a friends recommendation. It location, so close to Penn Station, made it a good choice so i made a reservation. I found the hotel with no problem and checked right in on the day, no waiting.
The room was as described with a view of the Empire State building. I was alone on this visit and felt safe all during my stay. The staff were efficient and friendly. I was able to arrange the shuttle to take me to the airport when I was leaving, it was inexpensive and got me to the airport with time to spare. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on business or touring the city:-)

Room Tip: Ask for a view room and see the city in all its aspects!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Clair K
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Conveniently situated right next to Penn Station, close to the Empire State Building and walking distance from Macy's. Loved this hotel, loved the 24hour diner attached to it too.
No way was this a top notch place, but it was clean, comfortable and charming. Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Our room away from the front of the hotel was really quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryDyffrynArdudwy
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Proximity to Penn Station was why I selected this place, and also I have a soft spot for older hotels. The room was very small, OK for a single business traveller but would have been tight quarters for two. Last renovation must have been decades ago. Things like the capped old gas line under the sink indicate that the last renovation was also done on the cheap. And why would anyone put a shower head at 68" above the tub bottom? I think this is more a 3-star hotel than the touted 4-star rating.
On the plus side, I was able to check in at 0930 so I could unpack my bags and set a comfortable temperature for the room. And on the way out of town it was very convenient to be able to pick up my bags and walk to the train. On the minus side, the next morning housekeeping helpfully reset the temperature to sweltering hot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Was very satisfied with our stay at the New Yorker hotel. As soon as we arrived we were upgraded to room 3112 for no extra charge. Room was great size and had a big bathroom. Location was perfect as we were in walking distance of everything we wanted to see and staff were all friendly and very helpfull. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The room had a great view of the skyline. Our clerk Mohamed went above and beyond to make sure he would give the best room and that I would like it. Going to MSG was a breeze being that close. We enjoyed our 4 day stay there.

Room Tip: get a room with the city view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family