My mum and I stayed at the New Yorker for 3 nights in February. It was perfect! It was my 1st visit to the USA so had no idea what to expect. I'd e-mailed the hotel to explain it was my mum's special birthday so if they could lay on any treats that would be great...we ended up with a room with 2 huge beds on the 35th floor looking out at the Empire State building...perfect! The room was a good size and just right for the 2 of us. Bathroom was a bit dated but had a functioning toilet, bath, shower and sink and was very clean, so really they're the important things rather than what colour it was! Top Tip...Run water for a while before getting in...takes a while to warm up.
The staff were always helpful and check in/out was painless. We left our cases in the special area for $2 each until we left which was useful. We had breakfast in the Tick Tock diner...a proper Amercian diner and quite reasonable; they do everything all day long.
The location of the hotel was great, opposite Madison Square Gardens and Penn Station and about a 5 minute walk from Port Authority, the main bus/coach station. Times Square was about 7/8 mins walk and Macys & Empire State Building about 5 mins walk. Everything is so easy to find and the grid system is so easy to understand, you can't get lost.
There are plenty of places to find breakfast close by, there's a McDonalds opposite and cafes and starbucks everywhere!
All in all this was a great hotel, perfect for our 1st trip to New York....we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York